-Chapter 23-

Hello guys! Another chapter for you and a quick update! :) Yippee! I wrote this last night and I was really happy with it! But let's see if you like it! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

-Isabelle Quinn-

“Settle down kids,” Mrs. Bradley shouts over the chattering students. I’d wandered into my biology class, my last lesson of the day. I was surprised how well my first day back was. Caroline sat beside me but unfortunately so did Ruby. She sent me a malicious grin, tapping the front of her books with her red painted finger nails.

“Hi Belle,” she purrs, leaning her head in one hand while the other continuously taps the books. The noise became annoying while the kids settled down. I give her a smile that was like a grimace.

”How’s the married life?” she chirps.

“Good,” I whisper grimly, scared if someone listened. Hardly anyone knew that I’m married and I only realised today that Ruby knowing this secret was the worst thing possible. Why did her mom have to be friends with Nathan’s mom? Speaking of Nathan, I’d called him last night, thanking him yet again. Funnily we had a long conversation, which turned quite awkward at the end.

“Do you know what’s funny?” Ruby asks, fiddling with her nails and pouting slightly.

“Your face?” I heard Caroline mutter under her breath. I sniggered but Ruby was completely oblivious to Caroline’s insult.

“That your parents weren’t at your wedding,” She continues and I wince. Damn, had she noticed?

“No-one mentioned them and I’m pretty sure they weren’t there,” she smirks maliciously, gaining satisfaction from my discomfort. “Now why would that be?” She raised an eyebrow.

I didn’t know what to say, I couldn’t keep lying and even if I did, what would I lie about. I glanced at Ruby and my insides burned with hatred, her face was enough for me to lunge and scratch her face. I calmed myself, breathing slowly.

“Do you know what’s funny?” interjects Caroline, her voice going into a harsh whisper as Mrs. Bradley started the class. “You kissing Nathan, a.k.a her husband,” she points at me. However Ruby just scoffs and opens her book to a random page.

“Isabelle doesn’t even like him, he deserves much better.” Ruby mutters without sparing us a look.

“And what? You’re much better for him?” Caroline scoffs now. I sit in the middle while they bicker. I sigh impatiently and lean back in my chair. I really wanted to concentrate on the lesson but dread filled me and Caroline and Ruby were continually quarrelling with me in between.

“Well do you,” Ruby asks and my head suddenly snaps towards her. I stutter, trying to think. Who the hell does she think to ask me that? She’s not married to him and she has no right to snoop in our business where she’s not concerned.

“Do you like Nathan, or is this just a big fat lie? I’ve seen the way he looks at you, hopelessly falling for the dork, but you don’t even look twice at him.” She drawls on in that dull monotonic voice. Do I like Nathan? Do I like him as a friend? How can I like him as a friend when I’m married to him and vowed to spend the rest of my life with him? I still remember the hate and jealously bubbling inside me the day I saw him and Ruby kiss. It was jealously and I know it. But why can’t I admit there might be something else when he hopelessly likes me.