𝐢𝐢. the damselfish house

❝ the wolf and girl are one in the same

❝ the wolf and girl are one in the same. when lonely one cries to the moon, the other one cries to the sky. ❞

             ━━━━ 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 the muffin or maybe it was just her talk with Robb, but Vhaehrys' stomach felt uneasy. Maybe the only reason he gave her a nickname was in order to make her feel like she was welcome, make her guard fall, and then pounce like the wolf he was and kill her; but Vhaehrys wasn't going to let that happen. She knew what he was up to, the gears in her head turning as she calculated his every move, from the easy way he carried himself to the way the ends of his lips curled into a smile. She wasn't going to fall into his trap. She would stay strong, keep her back straight and fight like the dragon she was; dragon against a wolf. But there were more wolves around; surely he had brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts, a mother and father that would take revenge on her.

But, of course, she read somewhere that his aunt Lyanna Stark died, his uncle Brandon too. Now it was only parents and siblings, except his mother was a Tully, a fish. Ha! Vhaehrys could almost laugh at that! How funny it would be to see a combined sigil of a wolf carrying a fish in its mouth! Vhaehrys turned and walks away from Robb, wanting nothing more than to get away from the handsome boy, hearing his footsteps close behind her, his Northern accent talk. "I can get you a chamber back at the castle," he tells her, the Targaryen in front of him trying to ignore him. "But I would have to sneak you in. . . what if you just rest in my chamber? I can take the floor while you take the bed, then, before dawn, I can sneak you out ere anybody's awake and you can continue on your journey. How about that?"

"It's alright, Robb, I can sleep in a fucking brothel."

Robb takes her upper arm in his large hand, raising his eyebrows at her, his Tully blue eyes pleading her to come with him. Vhaehrys had to admit that he was certainly handsome, but then again, he could use his charm to make her fall into his trap. And she wasn't going to. Robb couldn't help but stare into Vhaehrys' eyes; they were the most crystal clear violet eyes he's ever seen. Her hair was a beautiful silver color, her skin pale and perfect, her nose straight and elegant, and her lips, oh gods, her lips; they were full and kissable, ones you wouldn't want to part from. "Please just take the offer," he implores, pouting his full bottom lip out, almost looking like a dog that's begging for a treat. Vhaehrys doesn't take the bait, though, and jerks her arm back, "No, thanks," and continues walking off. She blends into the crowd, making Robb lose her again.

Vhaehrys looks around for any sign of a brothel, searching for the presence of whores milling around, waiting for someone to buy them for the night, though most of them had gone off to where the men were, trying to impress them to get a client. She soon saw it though, seeing the large sign that read The Damselfish House, and she promptly acknowledged that was the spot. She breathed in deeply and walked right in, hearing the lewd fake moans the women let out, calling the men M'Lord to boost their self-esteem, and the loud groans escape the men's throats, the slapping of skin-on-skin filling every little crevice in the area, but Vhaehrys was used to it; she tiptoed her way to a secret hideaway spot she discovered every bagnio had, right behind the small office of the manager and another room.

The hideaway was small, about Vhaehrys' size, and it was where all of the different toys used to be placed hundreds of years ago before they all began getting a little more used to them being out in the open, leaving those spots vacant and ideal for a petite person to rest in. The Targaryen princess laid her head on her hands, her legs stiff and straight, her body covered in darkness after she had placed the wood plank back in place.

It might've not been pleasant, but it was more than perfect for her to get away from the world. She sighs deeply, inhaling all of the musk and dirt in the air, her eyes watering and her nose itching at the feeling, and she tried to calm her nasal system down from letting out a sneeze. But, she had to be honest, if she did sneeze, it wouldn't be heard over the sounds of the throes of pleasure and pain. She calmed it down enough for her to go to sleep peacefully.

♛ ━━ ( ♛ ) ━━ ♛

VHAEHRYS RUBBED HER EYES HARD, getting the sleep out of them, her back and legs sore from not moving all night long. She still heard men and women having sex, and she took this perfect time to kick out the plank, the wood clattering on the floor, but nothing stopped; they hadn't heard it. She wriggled her way out, her hands pushing her body out of the crevice, the tips of her boots doing the same, and once she was out, she heard the voice she never wanted to hear again.

"Vhary."