𝐱𝐢𝐯. mother of dragons

❝ quiet people have the loudest minds

❝ quiet people have the loudest minds. ❞

                   ━━━━ 𝐕𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁'𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒, her head on his chest, his arms wound around her in a vice-grip, protecting her from any assassins that might've come into the night, but he couldn't protect one thing. Her mind. She woke up in a sweat, her eyes wide and her breathing heavy, the same dream that plagued her mind lingering in the back of her head. It was the same wedding nightmare that she had the day she lost their child, the same one where she saw her, Robb, and Catelyn drop to the ground, dead. Tears begin to prick at the corners of her eyes when she felt a hand caress her naked back, Robb's voice breaking the silence. "Something wrong?"

"Nothing," she says, her voice breaking. "Just go back to sleep, I'll join you soon." Robb sits up, his chest rubbing against Vhary's back, his hand coming down to wrap around her waist.

"I will not go back to sleep until I find out what's troubling my wife," he stubbornly rejects. "Now, tell me what is troubling you." Vhary sighs, dejected. It was no use trying to deter him - he won't stop until she talked to him.

"I keep having this dream," she bows her head, her arm rubbing against her stomach as she raised it to cover her breasts - she'd grown conscious of how they looked, cracked nipples and dried of the milk that was filling them a few weeks ago. They were going back to normal slowly but surely. "One where you, Catelyn, and I are murdered by someone. I don't know by whose order, though," Robb pulled her into him, rubbing down the length of her upper arm to help her calm from the nightmares that plagued her mind. 

"Everything's alright, my dragon," he whispered into her ear. "Nothing's happening to us. Remember your house's words."

"Fire and blood," they whisper together, Vhary leaning up to kiss her husband on the lips, her hand coming up to caress his beard, her thumb rubbing against his cheekbone. "I love you, Robb," she whispered against him, her head bent down by Robb to allow him to kiss her forehead, his hand rubbing soothing circles on her scalp, his fingers obscured by her silver hair. "I love being part of the Targaryen Dynasty," Vhary whispered into Robb's chest, "but I hate the dreams that come with it." She kisses his shoulder blade. "I can't go back to sleep, I'll be with my dragons. Just rest, alright?" She walks away, making her way towards the door of the wardrobe. 

"I can't sleep if you're not there with me," he remarks, throwing off the layer of furs from his legs, standing up - one of his legs feeling very tingly - and followed Vhary to it, his hand coming up to grab his tunic and pants.   

"You don't have to come with me," she says, sliding the plain grey dress over her body. "Help me?" She turns around and waits for Robb to tie the laces, feeling the front and back become tighter as her husband grabbed the laces and looped them through. His hand brushed her hair back into place. Under the skirts of her dress, she slides on her thick hide boots, wiggling her toes inside to stretch the new leather. A swift smack is placed on her ass, making her yelp out softly in surprise, turning around to glare at her husband. He smirks, wrapping his arms around her as he placed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

 Vhary pushes herself away from him. "You make me question whether I really love you."

"Don't say that," Robb states, following her as she walks out of their room, her skirts billowing behind her. Her feet carry her through the hallways she memorized so easily during her first month at Winterfell (to get away from Robb at first. She was glad she took all those hours exploring) to the locked door yards away from her own chambers. She took out the key from underneath her dress collar - she kept it on a piece of rope tied to her neck - and inserted it into the slot, turning it ever so quietly to make sure no one woke up. She took a deep breath before opening it, praying that her dragons didn't start making any noise at the sight of their mother.

She took a peek into the room and let out a sigh of relief when she noticed three beady eyes looking at her, but no sound came from their mouths. She shuffled into the room, Robb coming in behind her, taking the door from her grip and closing it shut behind him. Despite both of them knowing the Lannisters were no longer in Winterfell, they wanted to make sure no one knew that they escaped their room. When the Lannisters were in the stronghold, Ned told Vhary that she had to keep her dragons in a different (locked) room until the left, in case one of them decides to snoop around their lives. She did so and was glad she followed his instruction. One day she found Joffrey riffling through her things and she later saw that a ring Robb had made for her was gone from her jewelry box. She got it back and decided that it was best she wore it and lock her room door from then on. 

It gleamed in the moonlight, a beautiful fire opal set in a very detailed black gold ring. "When I was younger," Vhary broke the silence, "I had dreams of the world burning. I thought that they were dreams of one of my ancestors, but they weren't. In the dreams, the fire wasn't orange, but blue. And it was so cold, almost as if the air itself was frozen. Then I noticed him."

"Who is him?" Robb stepped closer to her, his eyebrows furrowing. He grabbed her upper arm and pulled her down into a seat with him. 

"It was a man, but not one as well. His skin was blue, and what looked like horns made of ice protruded from his head. His eyes were an eery blue-white as well, and his face was covered in scars," she answered, fingers tightening on the skirt of her dress. 

Night King, Robb thought to himself, his breath leaving his lungs in a heaving sigh. 

The Targaryens are known for having dragon-like premonitions in their dreams, he remembered his father telling him when he was only 5 years old. That's why the first Targaryens who came to Westeros left years before the Doom of Valyria. Aegon's sister, Daenys, had a dream of Valyria burning, and, being known as Daenys the Dreamer, her family quickly fled, not knowing when it was going to happen. When Valyria fell, the Targaryens became the last people in the world to be able to tame and control dragons. 

Now a Targaryen sat next to him, one of the last in the world, left alone by years of misfortune and neglect. He wraps his arm around her, bringing her closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder. "Before I met you," Vhary begins, "before I fell in love with you, I was alone and felt lonely all the time. I talked to myself a lot, taught myself how to read, how to write, how to speak, understand, and write Valyrian because I believed that once all of the Targaryen-Baratheon war blew over, I would be able to make a name for myself, one that wasn't linked to my Targaryen ancestors. But ever since I fell in love with you, ever since you began believing in me, I've felt like I can fight a hundred men and be the last to live." She ran her finger down her dragon's back, hearing it softly mewl at her touch. 

"And I will be at your side until our very last breath and even long after that, I will always love you."