𝐯𝐢. fire and blood

❝ she was powerful, not because she wasn't scared, but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear

❝ she was powerful, not because she wasn't scared, but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear. ❞

                 ━━━━ 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐕𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁 and their love for each other had been growing stronger every day that passed. Robb took time to stoke the fire that held his wife's dragon eggs, making sure that they were warm and safe, despite him telling her that they had turned to stone over the ages; they would never hatch. But Vhary was headstrong and determined and continued doing what she was doing, thinking about different ways to bear them to the world, to make dragons roam the skies once more, and this time, people would not think of them as vile creatures that burned everything in their path, they would not fear them; instead, she wanted for the people to feel safe and guarded against any harm that came their way.

Vhary was now thirteen while Robb was fourteen, and the Targaryen finally thought of a plan on how to bring the dragons to life. Fire and Blood, her house's words were the answer. But she wondered where she would get the blood from, and remembered that Lord Stark had finished the trials for three men who killed innocent people. Their punishment was death by hanging, but Vhaehrys was sure she would be able to persuade him into letting her do what she needed to do; they had grown close over the past year and became like father and daughter. Her black dress billowed behind her as she rushed through Winterfell's halls, her hands in front of her, pressed against her small bump. She and Robb consummated their marriage three months prior, furthermore, the young girl found out she was carrying their first child, and now her stomach was growing with the babe. She was wearing baggier clothing, some you couldn't even see her stomach in, and that's the way she liked it. They had yet to tell their family, wanting to surprise them, so once she reached Ned's office, she dropped her hands and smoothed her dress so it couldn't be seen, and knocked her knuckles gently against the wooden door. Ned's familiar smiling face was the first thing she saw when the door opened, and he brought his daughter-in-law into his arms. "Vhary, how are you?" he asked as he closed the door behind her, and they both sit down on one of the plush chairs inside, Vhary crossing her fingers across her lap, her heart pounding in her chest yet she says it out loud.

"Those prisoners that you hold inside the cell, I know what to do with them. Please allow me to burn them to bring my dragons to life," she says. "I know, it might not work, but allow me to do it. I don't want people to fear the dragons, I want them to look at them flying high in the skies and feel safe and protected from all the dangers beyond the Wall." She uses one thing that she knew would turn him over. "After all, Winter is Coming." They were anticipating it as the winds grew colder, but not cold enough to bring snow, and they haven't had a winter in over nine years, which meant something bad was coming, something that hasn't been seen in thousands of years. They had to have something large to help them, and a dragon was just the way to go.