𝐱𝐯𝐢. the twins

❛ i've never met a strong person with an easy past

❛ i've never met a strong person with an easy past. ❜

                ━━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒 down a bird coming from the Twins, a roll of parchment paper tied to its foot. He takes the roll of parchment, untying it carefully, the long arrow of his bow still protruding out of the raven's onyx chest. He brings it over to Robb, who reads it carefully before speaking aloud as to what it was. "It's a birthday message to his grand-niece Walda," he says, the sun turning his blue eyes into a pale color, the color of a husky's eyes, the closest thing someone outside of the Stark family can get to a wolf. 

"Or so Walder Frey would have you think," Theon butts in.

"Keep shooting them down," Catelyn says, as to which Theon nods to. "We can't risk Lord Walder sending word of your movements to the Lannisters." 

"He's Grandfather's bannermen," Robb remarks, his voice soft yet firm. "We can't expect his support?" Greatjon answers his question for Catelyn, as he's had more battle experience under his belt than she would ever have. "Expect nothing of Walder Frey and you'll never be surprised. Look." He nods to the distance, where two men on horseback carried House Frey's flag, quiet mumbling between the two.

"Father rots in a dungeon, how long before they take his head?" Robb questions, turning his head towards his mother and bannermen. Vhaehrys sat atop her horse, a black steed with red paint running down its side. Targaryen colors. The sun made her eyes turn ghostly pale like she did not have irises, but only pupils. Her hair reflected the sun's golden rays making it a pale silver-gold instead of the natural all silver color she was graced with. "We need to cross the Trident and we need to do it now." The Trident. It's where Rhaegar was murdered, a warhammer crashing down his ruby-covered chest with a powerful enough blow to kill him. Men scattered among these waters in search of the riches that fell from him. Red rubies and scarlet blood matched, and many men picked up rocks covered in Rhaegar's blood, thinking that it was a precious gem. It sicked Vhary to visit her brother's death site. Was his body buried here? 

"Just march up to his gates and tell him you're crossing," Theon suggests. "We've got five times his numbers. You can take the Twins if you have to."

"Not in time," everyone's heads turn toward Greatjon. "Tywin Lannister marches north as we speak."

"The Freys have held the crossing for 600 years and for 600 years they have never failed to exact their toll."

"Have my horse saddled and ready," Robb orders Theon, who, despite the order given, does not move an inch as Greatjon contradicts Robb's statement. "Enter the Twins alone and he'll sell you to the Lannisters as he likes," he says, Theon agreeing with him.

"He'll through you in a dungeon," Vhary's heart aches more. "Or slit your throat." She now wants to burn down the Frey in anger at that statement. The men are still riding forward, "My father would do whatever it took to secure our crossing. Whatever it took," Robb looks at Catelyn. "lf I'm going to lead this army, l can't have other men doing my bargaining for me." The mother was forming a plan in her head after her last word, "I agree." She looks into Robb's eyes. "I'll go."