Chapter 9 Explanation

"Ok I will explain. But you have to swear not to hurt me or Gabriel" says Julian trying to calm me down. "I'm the one with bat not you" I say jabbing it into his chest. Julian rubbed the spot I jabbed him at and seemed kind hurt by it. "Just promise that you won't hurt Gabriel" says Julian "I promise" I say.
"Ok... Gabriel made a deal with some guys on the football team" Julian tells me, I took a step closer to him. "What was the deal" I asked and Julian brushed his hair with his fingers. "The deal was if Gabriel could get a date with you and in your pants. He would be the new Receiver" Julian tells me and I'm shocked. "Why me" I asked furiously "because your the girl that says 'no' and hates anyone, who seems like a total jerk" said Julian.
         "You mean because I have standards and can't stand jackass like you!" I shouted with anger. Julian seemed hurt, but it disappeared to anger. "What do you mean like me!" Julian shouted back stepping closer to me closing the space in between us. "It means Julian O'Connor that you are a player and everyone knows!" I shouted back at him, he once again looked hurt and took a step back.
         I sighed and looked at a hurt Julian "so why are you warning me and acting all protective" I asked. Julian looked at me surprised "because I like you like you" said Julian looking to the ground. I was shocked and speechless I could tell he genuinely meant it. "W.... why do you like me" I asked "what's not to like about you, Kara" said Julian and I smiled.
         "Is that a genuine smile at me" asked Julian and I blushed I turned around trying to hide my blushing. I could hear Julian laughing and the next thing I knew. Julian had me in a hug I tensed up, but relaxed into the hug.
        "Kara Sage will you go on a date with me instead of my jackass best friend" asked Julian. I wanted to say yes I really did, but I made a deal with Gabriel. "I can't I made a deal with Gabriel" I say stepping out of the hug, but Julian wouldn't let me move. "Fine go with him. But no promises I won't try and steal you" said Julian and I knew that actually meant 'I'll be there to make sure he doesn't try something to you'. "Okay" I said hugging Julian tighter and he did the same placing his chin on the top of my head.
          Julian snuck out my window apparently that's how he got in too. He left me his number and said to save him as Boyfriend. But me being me said "I'll save you as Julian". Julian took it because I also told him about my thing of saving people by their last name unless your my family.