prologue

‹ the future ›

where the eight of them wake up to the inevitable future they were trying to escape

"Here, we have famous scientist Dr. Ko! He is about to announce some big news that'll change the world!" A reporter explained to the camera, the camera went to focus on the scientist behind him on stage.

"I am proud to announce that I have made life easier for all of us! These Androids, now have super natural powers to do all of the work like," he snapped his fingers and an Android behind him made a cup of water from across the room, float all the way to Doctor. "That." He finished snapping his fingers, while taking a drink of the water.

"Dr. Ko's upgrade for Androids is making life easier for us!"

"Easier? These tin cans are taking our jobs! How do you expect us to make money if there are no more jobs for us to have?"

"The amount of homeless and poor people on earth has increased dramatically, due to Androids taking humans jobs."

"Because of the numerous amount of homeless humans, the government has decided to get rid of all Androids, including Mr. Ko's invention that has impacted the world."

"Androids are getting out of control, they want to be free."

"Androids are killing innocent people because they can't get what they want. The government is still trying to destroy all Androids to assure us we are safe."

"Ever since the breakout of out of control Androids, the world has been changing drastically, now all humans are fearing for their lives, and their future."

"Dr. Ko has argued and made it very clear that he is not going to stop making his Androids."

"Our world is in danger, please stay hidden and safe. We all hope everyone will survive this attack."

"If only there were superheroes to save us from this mess."

"Are they dead?" A child's voice entered Miseo's ears. Her eyebrows furrowed immediately.

"I don't know," an older boy replied, and that's when she opened her eyes, her eyes racing around the room in confusion. Where is she exactly?

"Look, she's waking up!" The child exclaimed, as the two watched Miseo sit up from the hospital bed while holding her head from the headache. The older boy quickly ran to her side to help support her.

"H-Hey, you okay?" He stuttered staring at the girl with worry, he helped her to the edge of the hospital for her to dangle her feet.

"Who are you?" She asked, still holding her head in pain.

"Oh, um, my name is Jeongin, and that's my little sister, Paris." He explained, staring at her with a small yet assuring smile. She looked around the room, recognizing it as the abandoned asylum, once she saw the seven boys around her, her eyes widened.

"Guys?" She asked, looking at the seven of the boys in the hospital bed around her. They all were still sound asleep, but how long have they been asleep?

"Are they your friends?" The little girl named Paris asked, slowly approaching Miseo. She just nodded as she got out of Jeongin's hold and stood on her feet once again, stumbling slightly.

"Donghyuck?" She said under her breath, as she approached the boy who's eyes were closed. She noticed that he had looked the exact same from when they decided on that day to fall into a deep slumber.