"it was better" - the end

one year later

It was eight o'clock at night and nanarrow had been preparing for this event. A day of celebration for the world they brought back, or tried their best to. The abandoned theme park was working again, and everyone was so ready for this day.

The night had been going great, Jisung and Jaemin managed to not throw up after eating two ice cream cones before going on the Rocky Roller. Chenle actually managed to go on the Rocky Roller, even though he was scared to death. Jeongin sadly couldn't hold anything down after riding the Teacups with Olivia and Paris.

"Sorry about your shoes, Olivia," Jeongin later apologized, after Olivia ran to the bathroom to clean her feet.

"It's fine, flip flops are easy to clean." Jeongin sighed in relief. "It's my feet you should say fucking sorry to."

"Olivia, I'm seriously so, so sorry!" He fell on his knees and stared at her blue painted toenails. Olivia chuckled to show that she was being sarcastic.

"I forgive you dumby!" She exclaimed, lifting his chin to show him her smile. He stood back up and blushed. The two stood in silence trying to stop themselves from blushing madly.

"This is disgusting." Paris muttered. "Livia, can just me and you go on the bumper cars? I'm afraid he's gonna throw up on me next time." She death glares her brother.

"Uhm..." Olivia thought.

"It's fine, I'll sit out this one." Jeongin assured.

"Alright then," Olivia continued towards the bumper cars, while holding Paris's hand.

Mark and Donghuck were in an intense game of ring toss. At this point they weren't playing for the prize, they were playing to beat one another. Now, Sunae and Jeno had been inseparable the whole night. It was weird for both Miseo and Renjun, considering their past with the two. Not once did, Miseo think Jeno would get back with Sunae, but everything happens for a reason.

After only an hour and a half since the theme park opened, Miseo disappeared. She was with Renjun, Beomgyu and Ryujin when she told them she went to hang out with the others. Sooner or later they were gonna find out she wasn't with anybody. But for the time being, she wanted to be alone.

She climbed a tree near the carousel, and stared at the sky. She thought about many things, like how were they gonna clean up the theme park tomorrow. Like how her relationship with Renjun is. Like how Jeno and Sunae got back together. Like what movies would Kai have recommended to her........she thought about Kai.

She thought about him a lot. Not nearly as much as she did one year ago, but he always crossed her mind. Then she decided that today isn't supposed to be about that. Today is supposed to be fun! So she looked back up at the sky and began imagining the future. What it looked like, how society worked. But then someone interrupted.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Renjun's voice asked. Miseo looked over to see him looking up at her.

"Two hours." The guy who worked at the dippin dots nearby answered for her. Miseo smiled.

"So you barely got to explore the whole park? Did you even go on any of the cool rides?" Renjun asked as he began climbing the tree.

"No, I figured I had the rest of the night to do that, and I wanted to use this time to think." Renjun sat beside her on the thick branch.

"What did you think about?" He wondered.

"About tomorrow, about the next day and the next day. And about what we accomplished to lead up to today." She answered, noticing the water bottle in Renjun's palms.

"Did you think about me?" He bravely teased, making Miseo break into a smile.

"Yes, I did think about you. I thought about everything." She muttered the last part, as she looked up at the stars.

"I'll sit here too, and think." Renjun told her, as he laid back carefully on the branch. "Or me and you could enjoy the rest of the night and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Miseo agreed. "Let's go." She jumped off the tree and waited for Renjun to jump off too.

"First, Hydrate!" He threw the water bottle at Miseo to catch. She quickly took a drink and started walking with Renjun when he got out of the tree.

"I wish I wasn't so tall, so I could ride the airplane one for kids." Miseo pouted watching the line of children be released from the line they were waiting in to get a seat.

"Are you kidding me? I wish I was taller, so I could ride the python renegade!" Renjun whined. Miseo shot him a glare.

"Yeah right," She scoffed.

"Okay, you're right. I'm already tall enough for that ride, and that ride terrifies me." He admitted with a smile.

"Here," Miseo handed him back his water bottle, but when he gripped it, she pulled it back toward her for her to sneak a kiss on his lips.

Immediately he pulled away in shock, as his cheeks started getting warmer. He covered his mouth and chuckled while being overwhelmed with uncontrollable blushing.

"Miseo, you animal!" He accused sarcastically and Miseo laughed so much. But then, Renjun leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers. The two began to kiss. Before it could get hot, someone threw popcorn at Renjun's shoulder.

"No kissing in the middle of the walkway!" Taeyong, someone the dreamers freed last year.

"Sorry," Miseo chuckled, putting her hair behind her ear in embarrassment.

"Let's go wait in line for the Farris wheel before it gets any longer!" Renjun suggested, quickly holding Miseo's hand and pulling her to the line. Coincidentally, in front of them in line was Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung.

They all greeted each other, and while the boys are talking to Renjun, Miseo looks to the sky once again and smiles. This wasn't the perfect world they thought about before. It was better.