"i forgot," - 24

"Wow, this is what the outside world looks like?' Kai questioned.

"Uh, have you never been outside before?" Miseo questioned as a joke.

"No, I have never step foot outside before." He replied nonchantly, totally ignoring her joking manner.

"Oh," she mumbled. "Well, I wish you'd seen the world the same time I did. It was so marvelous." Miseo commented. "Before, it became like this.."

"Wait, you didn't grow up in this world?" Kai questioned. Miseo looked at him in disbelief.

"No, I was trapped in the basement for 17 years of my life being experimented on for the abilities I have now." Miseo told him, and Kai suddeny grew quiet. "You didn't know about this, did you?" Kai shook his head.

"Doctor spoke of no such thing." He replied, his expression full of grief. Miseo decided to change the subject.

"Well, let's get going. I know where Nanarrow is." She started marching away.

"It will take too long on foot!" Kai protested.

"Good point, you can turn into anything, right? Like a car or something?" Miseo suggested, and Kai scoffed loudly.

"If you are implying that I am a Transformer, you are very wrong!" He corrected her, crossing his arms across his chest.

"A transformer?" Miseo furrowed her eyebrows.

"From the movies? You didn't see?"

"No, I didn't see! The only movie I saw while I was awake in the world before this was Avengers: Infinity War. Too bad I didn't get to see the sequel while I was dreaming." She whined, with a shrug.

"Endgame? Oh, Black widow and Iron man die." Kai spolied, which made Miseo's expression tense up.

"You little fucker. I didn't ask for a spoiler!" She walked all the way back to smack Kai's arm. "Now how are we gonna get there?"

"We just have to find a functional vehicle. I can highwire the system and we can drive an actual car." He suggested, and Miseo silently agreed with a nod.

Almost an hour has passed, and by now Kai and Miseo found a vehicle and started driving towards Nanarrow. Kai was driving and listening to Miseo's directions since she had already crashed a bit of the car from trying to drive earlier.

"Can I just–"

"No, you cannot." Kai stopped her from asking if he could try driving again. Miseo pouted, as she crossed her arms across her chest and stared out the passenger window.

The two sat in silence the whole ride, until Miseo couldn't help but ask about something she's been thinking about for a while now.

"Kai," she called.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response. There was a hesitant pause before Miseo sighed.

"What's a kiss?" She blurted. Kai froze for a couple seconds.

"A kiss?" He repeated.

"Yeah a kiss. Uhm, kissing? Is that a word?" She asked to make sure.

"Yes, that is a word." He answered, with a stiff nod while avoiding some pot holes in the road.

"Can you tell me what it is?" She asked, her tone sounded like it was a beg. Kai furrowed his eyebrows, but told her anyway.

"The exact definiton is: the touch with the lips as a sign of love between two people." He replied, with a mono tone from checking his information.