"mom, we found survivors" - 01

They were standing in front of a friendly looking house, that was still unbeliebable that it exists when the rest of the city looked like shit. Jeongin and Paris walked up the steps that led to the front door, Jeongin knocked on it and waited for someone to open the door.

A middle aged lady hesitantly opened the door, and when she saw Jeongin and Paris, she quickly pulled them into a hug.

"You two had us worried to death!" She scolded, not even noticing the presence of the eight strangers behind them.

"Mom, we found survivors." Jeongin explained, pulling away from the hug to show the teens behind him. The mother slowly averted her eyes to the teenagers, and gasped.

"Oh, my! You kids must've been through a lot!" She exclaimed squeezing in between her two children to make her way to the eight of them.

"Not really, we've been asleep the whole time.." Mark mumbled with an awkward shrug.

"What? Anyways, please come in and make yourself home." The woman assured leading them all into her cozy looking house.

   It was a big house, but it didn't look like it would fit all right of them perfectly in. The woman walked towards the kitchen, and the eight teens just followed or sat on the couch, not really knowing what to do.

"I was making pasta for supper, but it seems that I'll have to make more." She commented with a small chuckle as she stirred a lot with the pasta in it.

Miseo and Jeno took a seat at the dining table in the kitchen. They made eye contact as the lady's back was to them. Miseo shrugged with a faint smile, before looking back at the lady.

"Miss, we actually have no idea what's going on." Miseo reasoned, a little hesitant. The lady turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, putting one hand on her hip while the other hand was on the big spoon that she used to stir the food.

"She means, that all this time we've been under a sleeping spell..? and we don't know anything about the world now." Jeno added, while tilting his head a little and making eye contact with Miseo again.

"Okay, that sounds completely confusing, but you guys look like good kids, so I'll believe you." The lady shrugged releasing her grip on the spoon and taking a seat across from them. Now, the other six were intrigued and sat around them, ready to hear what they had missed.

"How did the world come to this?" Donghyuck asked, taking the seat next to Jeno. "How long ago did this start?" The lady breathed in, causing the teens to frown.

"This all started 10 years ago, before my youngest was born, and when I was very young. A scientist named Dr. Ko came up with a new kind of Android, a big upgrade actually,"

Miseo flinched slightly hearing that name again, Jeno noticed and intertwined his fingers with his, sending her a reassuring eye smile.

"Androids were upgraded to have supernatural powers to make human's life easier, and it was all good for about 4 years. But the amount of homeless and poor people increased making it unnoticeable."

Renjun took the seat in Miseo's right, giving her a look of worry, she noticed and just shrugged with a forced smile.

"The Androids were replacing humans, humans didn't have money to live life anymore. So the government took action and tried getting rid of the Androids, but the androids somehow were smart enough to know and be against it."

Miseo used her free hand to rest her chin on.

"The robots were killing humans who didn't show them respect, and the government ordered Dr. Ko to stop them, but he insisted this is what they were made to do. Humans lives were now in danger, and soon the world slowly became like this."

The lady sighed, folding her hands in her lap, as she stared at the teens in front of her.

"I don't know where you kids were while all that was happening, but that's the reason why the world is like this now. We needed superheroes back then, but I guess those only exist in fantasies."

Chenle felt a pang of guilt, using his empathy to feel what the lady was feeling. They needed people like them back then, but they weren't there to save the world.

"Thank you for telling us..." Renjun thanked, still shocked from the information they all had just gotten.

"So we've been asleep for like 10 years?!" Jisung exclaimed in disbelief as he raised an eyebrow at all of them.

"It's strange how we haven't aged a bit.." jaemin commented, placing a finger on his chin in confusion.

"I'm still wondering about Doctor, is he still alive?" Miseo questioned, catching the others by surprise.

"Dr. Ko? Oh, he's long gone. Turns out the Androids turned on him and killed him as well." The lady explained with a small and comforting chuckle. "Now is that all the questions for today?"

"Yeah, I guess..?" Jeno replied with a shrug, looking to see the others reactions. Everyone just shrugged as well.

"Okay, well, you guys can call me Lailah. Now, what are your names?" They all exchanges small glances at each other before Mark opened his mouth.

"I'm Mark, and that's Donghyuck, Chenle, Jisung, Jeno, Miseo, Renjun, and Jaemin." He replied while pointing at each one of them to show Lailah.

"Good to know. Now, Jeongin!" She yelled for her son, and he immediately walked towards her. "Please show them their rooms." Jeongin nodded and gestured for them to follow him.

He led them upstairs and showed them two rooms they could all share. Of course two rooms probably wasn't enough space for the eight of them, but they had to make it work. It's better than nothing.

"Okay, I'll share a room with Donghyuck and the Chensung couple." Mark suggested pointing too the room on the right. "And Miseo, you share a room with Jaenoren, okay?" Miseo nodded, trying to hold on her laughter from the ship names he just said.

"How many beds are there?" Jaemin asked peeking his head in the door to the left, only to see two beds. He tilted his head, as the three behind him took a peek too.

"Only two? Not even bunk beds?" Jeno whined while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, guys, it's better than nothing." Renjun mumbled with a shrug as he squeezed past them and jumped into one of the queen size beds. "Plus, they're big." He added with a small smile.

"I guess, but what about" Jaemin stopped, cocking his head to where Miseo was standing while glaring at the other two. Both Renjun and Jeno shaped their mouths into an 'o'

"I'll sleep with her!" Both Renjun and Jeno suggested in unison, making the both of them shoot each other a small death glare. Miseo raised an eyebrow at the two.

"What?" She resorted, tilting her head at them.

"I said, I'll sleep with her." Renjun and Jeno shot each other another weird glare since they both had said it in unison again.

"You know what? I'll just sleep with her." Jaemin rolled his eyes at the two who were a little bit older than him, but we're acting a bit childish.

Jaemin went towards the bed, Miseo was standing by, which was the one on the right, and hopped on it.

"You don't think it's too weird to sleep beside me, right Miseo?" Jaemin asked with his signature smile to die for.

"Of course not," she replied with a small shrug as she hopped into the bed too but next to him. The two made eye contact and immediately bursted into laughter.

Renjun and Jeno couldn't help but burn holes into them two, due to the amount of jealousy rising in their blood. Hesitanly, and forcefully, Jeno finally made his way to the bed Renjun was sitting on and laid down in it, while eternally sighing.