ten

Steve leaped from the balcony down onto the neighbouring building as a chopper flies up. Victoria sighed, motioning to Sam to help her. He picked her up and flew her to the roof as the cat guy lunged at Bucky with his claws.

Victoria hid behind an air vent as a chopper flew over the roof and its machine gun fired up. The bullets bounced off of the unknown's suit, and Victoria watched in awe.

"Vibranium," she realised, gaping at him.

Who is this dude? she thought.

The only place where Vibranium is still said to exist is Wakanda. She was able to put two and two together and realised that the man attacking Bucky was the Black Panther warrior she had heard about. She returned to Earth when a bullet just missed her face as she was lost in a trance with the man.

"Sam."

"Got him."

Sam answered Steve's unspoken request and shoved the chopper off course. Victoria ran and pushed the man off of Bucky. He turned, his pose ready to fight off whoever it was behind him.

But he paused when he saw Victoria's face, tilting his head to the side slightly. She stood in front of Bucky, the soldier raising cautiously. She aimed an arrow at the man, although it was be pointless against a vibranium suit.

"Come on, kitty." She narrowed her eyes. "Pounce."

Bucky ran around them and slung his bag on his back, then he jumped down a level. The man before Victoria snapped out of his trance with her and bolted after him. He slid down the wall using his claws for traction. Victoria followed after them and peered over the edge.

"Seriously!"

Bucky landed at street level and Victoria followed, scaling down the wall carefully. Steve followed them and landed, rolling along the ground. Victoria hid behind a wall as the chopper fired at them again.

Bucky jumped into an opening and landed in an underpass, Steve and the Black Panther following. Victoria sighed, running around the side and into the underpass too.

"These people seem to forget that I am a little eighteen-year-old and not a goddamn super soldier."

She used her rope arrow to catch onto a Special Forces vehicle who was pursuing Bucky. The rope propelled her forward and she clung onto the van for dear life. She spotted Steve a little way from them.

"Cap!"

"Stand down! Stand down!"

The vehicle neared Steve, the soldier leaping onto the van and shattering the windshield. The driver stopped the van, and Victoria climbed off the back of it, pulling the driver out of it. She slipped into the passenger side while Steve kicked out the glass and drove off.

Bucky outpaces a car, running over it. Victoria glanced in her side mirror, seeing the guy in the cat costume running up behind them. He jumped onto the back, and Victoria groaned. Steve swerved, trying to throw him off to no avail.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy."

"Right behind you."

Steve swerved, zigzagging through the cars before them. Victoria glanced at her Captain nervously before speaking. "You never did get your actual licence, did you?"

"It was difficult to do during the war, so no."

"Clearly."

They broke a barrier of water barrels to follow Bucky. The man still clung onto the back of the van and Victoria spoke into comms.

"Sam, where the hell are you?"

"I'm coming! Impatient much?"

"'Right behind you,' my ass."

A motorbike sped towards Bucky. He grabbed the handlebar and spun the bike around in mid air, throwing the rider off. He then got onto the bike and rode away, sending cars swerving out of the way.

Steve kept on Bucky's tail and they all rocketed through another underpass. Sam flew into the underpass behind them. Victoria jumped slightly when the Black Panther leapt off the front of the van onto Bucky's motorbike.

Bucky flung him over his head and the bike leant down on its side. He kicked his assailant away, straightened up and rode on. At that moment, Sam flew over them and the man caught a ride on his leg.

Sam tried to kick him away, but couldn't shake him. "Get. Off. Of. Me."

Bucky threw up a sticky bomb and blew the roof at the end of the underpass, bringing down tons of rubble. Sam braked in flight and the Black Panther went flying, throwing Bucky off of the motorbike.

Steve swerved the van through the rubble, leaping out—pulling Victoria along with him—and shoved the man away from Bucky. They stood, facing the sleek and muscular man. Victoria held her bow below her, an arrow nocked just in case.

Armed police arrived and surrounded them, their guns aimed. War Machine landed before Victoria and raised his hands up at them.

"Stand down, now." Bucky stood beside Steve, who put his shield on his back, and Victoria. "Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal."

Police moved in and forced Bucky to his knees. The unknown man raised his hands, retracting his claws to pull off his mask and reveal his face. Victoria scoffed when she saw the handsome face of Prince T'Challa.

"Your highness," Rhodey remarked, sarcastically.

"Well, I certainly didn't see that coming." Victoria strapped her bow around her and laughed at herself. She shut up when she received a dirty look from Rhodey.

"Your father will be disappointed in you, Victoria."

"Add it to the list."

A soldier walked up behind her and restrained her hands behind her back. Walking to the van, she was shoved in the back of one and she huffed.

"Seriously not how I pictured my first time in Romania to go."