Chapter 1: Burden of Sinners

A thousand times, we die in one life.

We crumble, break and tear apart until the layers of illusion are burned away and all that is left,

Is the truth of who and what we really are.

XxXx Prologue xXxX

Why did things have to come to this?

At this point, you don't even know who you are. Who had you been? Who will you be? And when they release him, will you still be the same person?

You shuddered. You didn't even want to think about him. You had someone else now. Someone... that you belonged with.

A few months ago, your life took a turn for the worst-in the sharpest way possible. You had never felt more betrayed, lied to, or ignored. It was only natural for you to turn to someone like him.

Someone rebellious. Someone strong. Someone who would protect you. Because everything and everyone you knew had let you down.

But when he held up that shotgun, you knew. You just knew. And you weren't going to keep up this charade with him.

He got what he deserved, and you understood that. So why did you still feel guilty? You had your parents, your little brother, and your best friend. There was nothing more you could ask for.

No matter how you felt about this certain person, you knew your memories of him would never fade. Those sleepless nights, those dreamy days, those mesmerizing red eyes that still captivated you to this day. His charm. His mind. Everything about him, you would remember for the rest of your life.

You fell prey to his heart.

He was a criminal. A predator. A mentally-insane, murderous psycho.

Only a few days ago, you didn't know that. He didn't seem that way, nor act. And all you thought was that he was simply a troubled boy with a dark, complicated past.

You'd thought you loved him. And, to be honest, some parts of you truly did. Maybe still to this day, even after all the things he did. Or, rather... the things he was going to try. The things he'd wanted to do.

You knew more than anything in the world that he still loved you. Even after what you did to him.

It all started so normally. So sweet, in its own sort of fucked up way. Just like in an old horror movie.

Let's go back to that beginning.

Chapter One: Burden of Sinners

"Y'know, ____, I always thought you were one to hang with the preppy crowd," Alfred mused, his face half-stuffed with a hamburger.

You slurped on your soda as you turned to look at him, "What? Why?"

He chewed, and then set down the burger. It balanced on his knee, since the car's dashboard was already filled with wrappers, CDs, and unfinished math homework. "Because, we do go to a private school after all," His blue eyes slid to you, "And when you first came, I totally thought you'd start hanging with, y'know, them. But... instead, you chose me. It's... nice." He grinned.

You couldn't help but smile back. Alfred was the only one at your school who wasn't the prim-perfect, model-ready type of rich kid. "...Yeah," You agreed. It is nice. I'm the one who has you.

The other students didn't quite accept him. They were all the stereotypical snobby private-schoolers that both you and Alfred could have sworn you'd seen in every college movie. They either thought Alfred was too loud, too hyper, or just too annoying. You didn't speak to them.