Something's Wrong

My day has been horrible. As usual, most of the girls in my class bullied me. Once I was outside Ami, my best friend, came up to me. "Serena!" Ami called, running up to me, "How was- Wait. What's wrong?" Ami noticed my sad face. "It's nothing Ami." I answered, forcing a smile. "I'm heading to Darien's. I'll see you later!" With that I ran off in the direction of my boyfriend's apartment.

On my way there I couldn't help the tears running down my face. They call me names, push me around. I'm nothing to them! They walk all over me, I thought. Soon enough I made it to the apartment complex. Going inside, I ran up the stairs to Darien's apartment. 210, 211, 212! Mustering the nerve, I knocked on the door. Fiddeling with my fingers, I waited a few minutes before Darien opened the door. Right off the bat he knew something was wrong. "Serena why are you crying?" Darien asked me. "What is it my sweet princess?" It takes me a minute or two until I can calm down enough to speak.

Finally I answer, "School was awful! People kept picking on me, calling me names and now some guys are beginning to catcall me in the halls." Throughout my little rant Darien held me close. At this point we were sitting on the couch in his living room. As we sat there I cried, not trying to be quiet. It's that kind of crying where you don't think you can stop. Sob after sob racked my body but Darien still held onto me as if I was made of glass and if he dropped me I'd break. "Serena," he said, "I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel right now. That's a lot to deal with. Have you told anyone?" I shook my head no.

*Dariens pov*

When she indicated that, no, she hadn't told someone that worried me. "But Serena if you don't things can't get any better. Come on Meatball Head." I jokingly used my annoying pet name for her. She cracked a small smile at that giving me a sense of relief. Just then her communicator beeped, indicating an incoming call. "Yes?" she said as she answered it. "Serena! Thank goodness you're okay!" I heard Ami's voice speaking. Serena replied, "I got here in one piece Ami. How's things on your end? Any threats or are you just checking up on me out of concern?" Ami said, "Just checking on you. The girls and I were worried. After all, you ran off without really explaining what was wrong."

Serena sighed. "I just can't tell you girls yet. I don't need my friends getting bothered because of me." A few minutes later Serena hung up. I didn't press Serena about not telling Ami about her problems. She'd just clam up if I did. "Would you like to stay tonight? You left some clothes here just in case you wanted to and with toiletries may I add." I said to break the silence that had fallen. Serena smiled up at me, nodding her head. "I'd like that a lot. Arigato (thank you in Japanese) Darien." I kissed her forehead, saying, "It's no problem. But you should probably call your parents just to let them know where you are." She nodded in agreement, dialing her parents number. "Hey Mom." "I'm at Darien's." "I'm spending the night." "He said it's alright." "Okay. I will." "Yes. Love you" "Yep. Bye."

When she finished Serena turned to me and grumbled, "Parents." Though I can't relate since I lost my parents when I was little I still found that amusing. "The third degree?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah but it's fine." A few minutes passed after which my beautiful Serena yawned. "Well someone's sleepy." I said, raising an eyebrow. Serena nodded, falling into me. "Then let's get you to bed. Are you okay to undress and change or do you want some help?" She thought for a moment then said, "Can you help me?" "Of course sweetheart." Soon enough we were cuddled in my bed, falling asleep.

Vote, comment, enjoy!