Red Roses

*Serena's pov*

Once we got back to Darien's apartment I decided to just watch him. Observe what he does and how he gets it done. When he's settled Darien grabs his laptop. "I hope you don't mind if I work on some stuff while we chat." Darien said to me. I shook my head, replying, "No, not at all. Just do your thing. It's fine." I shot him a smile, just enjoying the moment. Silence fell over us, not uncomfortable just calm, companionable silence. A few minutes later we heard a knock on the door. "I got it." I told him. Darien nodded in response. Answering the door, I came to see the girls and Rini.

"Hey guys!" I said, "Come in. What's up?" As we walked to the lounge Rei replied, "Not much, just thought we'd swing by since we were in the area." Mina chimed in, "Rini also wanted to see you guys." At that Darien looked up. "Girls!" he said, excited, "Hey Rini. How are you?"

Rini flashed a small smile his way. "I'm okay. School was kind of...off putting today though." Rini clasped her hands behind her in a nervous gesture. "How come?" I asked, genuinely concerned. "I don't know. I just had this uneasy feeling whenever someone, even the teacher, spoke to me." I put my hand on her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Oh sweetie," Darien answered her, "Something about them different today?" She shook her head. "No but they were extra nice to me. I just thought maybe it was a phase but even by lunch it hadn't stopped." Rini paused. "I don't like a whole lot of attention like that. Never did, never will. When I was in Crystal Tokyo  I always hung with the scouts."

"What happened? I wonder, maybe I looked off to people today." she mumbled but loud enough we heard. I sighed and pulled out my guitar. "Rini?" I said, gaining her attention. "Hm?" she answered. In answer I began to play. 

I'm Your Girl

(From Descendants: Wicked World )

You know I got it, I g-got it

You know I got it
I'm your girl

Every time you miss the beat and life pulls you under
When you need your rhythm back I'll be your drummer
No matter where you're comin' from I'll see your true colors
Oh, ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, ooh, ooh

If you come undone
I'll be the one to make the beat go on and on and on

I'll be your A to the Z even if trouble's coming
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl
I'll be whatever you need
Call me and I'll come runnin'
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl
You know I got it
I'm your girl

I'm a little bit sunshine, a little bit starlight
Sometimes when my halo slips I dance on the wild side
No matter where you're coming from I know what it feels like
Oh, ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, ooh, ooh

If you come undone
I'll be the one to make the beat go on and on and on

I'll be your A to the Z even if trouble's coming
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl
I'll be whatever you need
Call me and I'll come runnin'
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl

And if the road gets rough I'm gonna be hanging tough
Yeah, yeah, yeah
You can get lost sometimes
I'll be your neon sign, yeah, yeah
'Cause I'm your girl

You know I got it, I g-got it
I'm your girl
If you come undone
I'll be the one to make the beat go on and on and on
To make the beat go on and on
I'll be your A to the Z even if trouble's coming
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl
I'll be whatever you need
Call me and I'll come runnin'
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl

I'll be your A to the Z even if trouble's coming
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it
I'm your girl
I'll be whatever you need
Call me and I'll come runnin'
You know I got it, I g-got it
You know I got it

I'm your girl 

I held the final note, strumming rapidly. Finally I put my instrument down. "So you see," I told her, "no matter what happens not only me, but we all have your back." Everybody nodded without a moments hesitation. "After all," Lita said, "we're your friends and we love ya munchkin." Rini giggled, smiling wide. "Thanks everyone," she said, "I appreciate it." She stood up, going over to the table and sitting next to Darien. "Darien," she said, "do you have any green construction paper? And red?" He thought for a moment. "Yeah I do actually. Anything else you need?" She replied, "A glue stick if you have one." 

Darien nodded, going to his desk and rummaged through one of the drawers. A few minutes he came back with what Rini had asked for. "Here you go." he said, placing the stuff in front of her. Rini nodded her thanks to him as he returned to his computer. Rini got to work making something. "What are you making?" I asked her, curious. She whispered in my ear, "A paper rose for the one who throws his rose for his girl." I chuckled. "Cool." I said. 

About five or ten minutes later Rini finished. She set it on the window sill to dry in the sun. Darien put his computer away. "Sorry about that," he said, "I had to finish something and couldn't hold it off." "It's cool Darien." Rini said, "We get it, you're a busy guy." He ruffled her hair affectionately. "Thanks squirt." Darien replied. I moved to sit on the floor next to Rini, pulling out pencil and paper. I began writing some music for guitar. Mina looked at what I was writing, baffled. Noticing this, I explained, "I'm just writing down a melody I have in my head." Mina nodded her understanding.

 I went back to my paper, continuing what I was doing. Once I finished I played it to hear what it sounded like. Liking what I heard, I cheered, "Yes! I am a genius!" Everyone laughed at my excitement. Rini got up to check her paper flower to see if it was ready. Seeming satisfied, she went over to Darien which caused him to look at her. He saw what she had in hand and asked, "Who's that for?" In answer Rini handed the paper rose and replied, "For whom is it for? Well, It's for a special person. He's always saving Serena and me, always there if I need him, always at the ready for a day at the park, he's always ready for a date with his girl." 

Rini paused then continued, "It's for you." she finished. Darien's eyes misted over with tears. "This is, uh, so sweet," he choked out, "Thanks kiddo." Rini noticed his moist eyes. "Aww! Darien are you crying?" she asked, smirking. He answered, "Maybe." All of us gasped. "Dare, you are  crying! You sap." I said, shocked but amused. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever." All the girls chuckled but Rini just smiled. "I'm glad I made you happy. That's all I wanted to do and I succeeded. I made you happy." I sat behind them and said, "We're all hoping each other's happy. Why do you think we come together like this?" 

Rini nodded in agreement. "Since you did something so sweet for me," Darien said, pulling a red rose from behind him, "here." He handed Rini the rose. At this I thought, I guess today's a day for red roses.