Epilogue

*Serena's pov*

(a/n: this will take place when Rini is about 12 yrs old but there's no Crystal Tokyo. This is after Serena and Darien reunite in Stars when she should've become Queen)

"Mom, Dad! I'm off to school!" Rini yelled, running out the door. Me and Darien turned to reply but our daughter was already gone. I chuckled, saying, "She's a lot like me when I was a kid." Darien replied, "Yeah, she is." He put on a fake exasperated face. "Now I have two meatball heads to deal with." I laugh at his over dramatic performance. "Yep. Sucks to be you." He turned to me, cupping my face. "Not when one is the love of my life and the only woman I'd want spend the rest of my life with and the other a daughter I love so much it hurts." 

I looked at him, my eyes welling with tears. "That was so cliche but cute and down right romantic." I told him. We both laughed, cuddling in to each other. It was silent for a few minutes. "We should meet up with the girls. Haven't really seen them in quite a while." Darien mused. I said back, "Yeah but let's wait till Rini gets home. She'll kill us if we go without her." "Yeah. We don't need a repeat of last months picnic." Darien replied in agreement. 

*flashback*

Me and Darien went for a date, something we hardly do since Darien has work and I'm the at home parent. As we set up our picnic he said, a smile etching across his face, "It's been forever since we've done this." I answered, "Yeah. It's nice just to sit down and relax. Rini's at school and there's no trouble coming our way." 

After we set everything up and sat down, we dug in to our picnic lunch. And of course Darien prepared it. He's been teaching me to cook though so I can't complain. Anyway, as we ate Darien said, "I won't lie, I missed this. Taking you out I mean."  I turned to him, leaning in. Just as I was about to say something I heard a familiar unhappy shriek. "Mom! Dad! What is going on?" It was Rini.  "Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked her. Rini replied, "Well yeah but a group of kids were picking a fight with me and I tried calling Dad then you but neither of you answered. Now I know why."  

We went to apologize but she ran off. We found her at home, crying in the bathroom. "Oh kiddo." I said, wrapping her in a hug, "We're sorry. It's just, your father and I haven't been out on a date for a long time." Rini sniffled then replied, "I get that but what would you do if people told you that you're just a shallow, spoiled brat who has everything." She paused. "I may have more than most kids but I don't have everything. I'm not perfect." It was tears and apologies from there.

*end of flashback* 

 "That made me so angry. No one hurts my little girl." Darien said. I looked at him, thinking, he loves his kid. Ah, the love for ones child. Finally answering him, I said, "I know what you mean. When that kind of thing happened to me and you told my parents they were pretty angry nothing had been done until things got physical." We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company. 

*later in the afternoon*

Well, I'm home alone since Darien got called in to work and well, the housework won't do itself. As I'm busy dusting window sills when I heard the doorbell. "Coming!" I called out. Opening the door, I came face to face with my friends and Umara, Michelle, Trista and Hotaru. "Hey everyone!" I said, excited, "Come in. Please excuse the mess." Walking in, Lita said, "Since when have you become worried about a messy house?" Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Since I have to clean it." They all chuckled. "So how has everyone been?" I asked. 

"Oh my god, the temple is so busy these days, I hardly have down time. Thank god Chad's around." Rei ranted. I raised my eyebrows, asking, "Don't you get time off?" "Nope, not unless Chad takes charge." I sighed sympathetically. "The bakery is doing well." Lita said, "It's become super popular." Eventually we had caught up on lost time. "Darien should be home in a couple hours and Rini..." "I'm home!" a certain pink head called out. "Just got home." I finished, making everyone laugh. 

"Hey honey," I greeted her, "How was school? Do I need to make some comfort food?" Rini chuckled, taking off her shoes. "No, today wasn't too bad." she replied. Finally taking notice of all the girls and especially Hotaru, Rini screamed. "Hotaru! Girls!" she squealed. Chuckling, Umara said, "Hey kiddo. What's shaking?" (a/n see what I did there lol) Rini answered with a laugh, "Not much just school and trying to stay sane." 

As they chatted away I finished with the window sills and began making dinner. Just as I was about to set the table a pair of warm arms encircled my waist. "I'll do it." a husky, masculine voice said. I chuckled, replying, "Thank you Darien. Would you mind rounding up everyone as well? All, and I mean, all the girls are here." He nodded, answering me, "Sure. You go freshen up." He gestured to my disheveled outfit. "You gotta feel kind of uncomfortable in that." I nodded, heading up to our room to change.

When I came back down dinner was on the table and everyone was patiently waiting for me. "You guys could've started without me, you know." I told them. "Mom I told them to wait. I wanted you to be able to join us happy and relaxed." Rini spoke up. Darien nodded, confirming his daughters words.  

I put my hand over my heart. "Aw! You guys are too sweet." Then I smirked. "So who's doing the dishes?" All fingers (including Rini's, why am I not surprised?) pointed to Darien. He laughed, saying, "Okay, okay. I'll do them" "I want to help!" Rini said. I just sat there, watching them.

Oh how I love my friends and family.

a/n And that concludes My Love For You!  There's not a lot to say except, thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this book. I look forward to writing more Sailor Moon fanfics in the future! Moon out! 

<3 Veronica :)