This Has To Stop

*still Darien's pov*

The next morning Serena actually got up on time. "Well someone's an early bird." I said, raising an eyebrow. She shrugged and replied, "You're giving me a ride and I don't want to be late." After that exchange I made breakfast while a certain bun head got ready for the day ahead. Fifteen minutes later I called out, "Serena! Breakfast is ready!" As we ate our food it was quiet, a peaceful silence. 

*later at the school*

Pulling up to Serena's school, I sighed. Well, it's now or never, I thought, determined. Serena pulled me out of my thoughts, tapping my shoulder. "Hm?" I said, puzzled. She pointed towards a group of girls, standing there and typing on cellphones and giggling. I curled my lip in disdain. "Are they the ones who have been bullying you?" I asked Serena. She nodded, fear only too evident in her eyes. I tightened my hold on her. "Don't worry about them Sere. Let's go, it's high time I talk to your principal." She nodded, replying, "My mom told Principal Hendricks to expect you." I nodded, intent on the task at hand.

We strode inside the building, going right towards the office. Once there I said to the lady at the front desk, "Hi, I'm Darien Shields and I'm here to talk to Mr. Hendricks about some things that have been happening concerning Serena Tsukino." The lady looked down at her books, nodding. "Yep, you're here. Mrs. Tsukino called, letting us know you were coming. You can take a seat over there," she pointed to some chairs, "and the principal will be with you shortly." I nodded and thanked her taking a seat with Serena next to me. 

A few minutes passed then a man approached me and Serena. "You must be Darien," the man said, "I'm Principal Hendricks. Why don't the three of us step in to my office to chat?" I nodded, standing up with Serena still beside me. We went in to his office. "Have a seat." Hendricks offered. Sitting down, I decided to start the conversation. "So I was wondering if you were aware that Serena, a student here at Juban High School, has been getting bullied?" Hendricks thought before answering. "Yes," he said eventually, "That is, I've heard the rumors. That a girl is being made fun of." I pursed my lips. "I'll be completely honest," I replied, "there's a lot more to it than that." 

He gestured for me to elaborated and I did so readily. "She has been catcalled, she has been called names and harassed, she has been physically harmed." I paused the went on. "Just yesterday at lunch her cousin was bringing her her lunch when she saw three girls, which by the way Serena can point out, say horrible things to her then when she tried to defend herself with a comeback one of the girls slapped her. Serena's cousin brought her back to my place to have me take a look at her cheek. That slap actually made a cut, it was that forceful." I then stated passionately, "This has to stop." 

When I finished speaking Hendricks look suitably shocked. "That is highly unacceptable," he said, "However, there is no need for Ms. Tsukino to point them out. I am all too familiar with the girls in question." He paused for a moment. "They have been the source for many unpleasant goings on at our school. And I agree with you, it has to stop." Then addressing Serena, he said, "I'm sorry you've had to deal with this Ms. Tsukino. I will speak with them as soon as we're done here but I would like to have you there. If it makes you feel more comfortable, Darien may be present."        

The two of us looked at Serena as she thought this over. Finally she answered, "Alright, I'll do it but only if Darien is there. Even if he's just in the background, it would be a huge comfort knowing he's there." I nodded, replying to my girlfriend, "Sure thing Sere. I'll stay." Hendricks got up, saying, "I'll be a few minutes. Make yourselves comfortable." Not ten minutes passed when the principal came back with the three girls Serena pointed out to me earlier. They sat down, making sure their outfits stayed straight. Oh Lord. How can people be so damn shallow?  I thought to myself. 

It was completely silent for a few minutes. That is, until Hendricks spoke. "Do you girls know why you're here?" he asked the three girls. They shook their heads, playing innocent. Mentally I rolled my eyes. Hendricks continued, "You are here because I have heard, once again, that you three have been causing trouble. Bullying is inexcusable at this school. Serena here, or rather her boyfriend who spoke on her behalf, has just finished explaining what has been happening and believe me, I am highly upset about it." He paused, gauging their reactions. 

On their part, the girls kept their expressions neutral. Hendricks kept going. "Not only have you been verbally harassing her but I find out that one of you actually slapped her. That slap was so forceful, it made a cut. I'm not going to ask that you apologize partly because I know you won't but also because I'm having you three expelled on the grounds of verbal and physical harassment." He gave them a moment to let the news sink in, their faces now showing the shock at what they were told. I for one, took a fair amount of satisfaction from that. 

"Now," he said, "It's time to call your parents." Redirecting his attention, Hendricks said to Serena, "Ms. Tsukino you are excused for the rest of the day. Go home and get some rest." Serena nodded her thanks to the principal and with that we left. 

*at the apartment, Serena's pov*

Thank heaven that's over! I don't have to deal with those bullies anymore! As I watched TV at Darien's place I couldn't help but feel a little guilty I got three kids expelled from school. I had to keep reminding myself that what they did was wrong and should not have been happening in the first place. I leaned in to Darien who wrapped me in his arms and fell in to a peaceful sleep.