She's Amazing

*Darien's pov*

As we sat on the grass Serena strummed her guitar, filling the air with the sound of music. Lying on the ground, I closed my eyes and allowed the music to invade my mind. The sweet tune that played suggested thoughts of memories. Memory after memory floated through my head but one stuck. 

*Flashback*

Pegasus (voice over): "Prince Endymion, as the Earth is your guardian star, your life's energies are synchronized to it."

Me: "Synchronized? This means that I am sick because the Dark Moon is suffocating the Earth. Could this be true?"

I was dimly aware Rini was ready to break down and I felt so bad I couldn't comfort her. Eventually the girls left me and Serena alone in my room. Serena began to tear up. "Oh Darien..." I put my hand to her cheek, wiping her tears. "Serena I'm sorry I'm so weak that I can't go and protect you. Please be careful." I said, my own emotions rising to the surface. She took my hand, resting it against her cheek. "Don't worry Darien. I'll protect your planet and get rid of the evil, I promise. Now you stay put and take care of yourself." We kissed but only for a moment. "I'll be back." And with that, she walked out.

*End of flashback*

 By now Serena was playing a different song. "Where'd you learn to play guitar like that?" She replied, "In music class in fourth or fifth grade. The teacher said I had a knack for the musical arts." She chuckled. "But I didn't believe him at first. I was so stubborn but eventually I believed him. Since then I've enjoy playing music to the point where it's become my escape from reality, the stress, the drama, the sailor role I have to fulfill, just everything."

I looked at her, surprised. "So you've been playing since you were like, ten?" I asked. Serena nodded. I slid my arms around her shoulders, holding her gently. "How come you never told me? I think that's cool." I told her with a smile. She answered, "I guess I was afraid you'd make fun of me. Silly of me, isn't it?" Turning away from me, Serena pulled out some papers along with a paper weight. Setting her things up, she positioned her fingers and got ready to play. "No, not at all. But why would I make fun of something you enjoy? That'd be very stupid of me." I said.

She laughed. "And we both know you're not stupid." Serena remarked. Soon all that we heard was music after that. 

Hold The Drama
(Jojo Siwa)

It's so crazy crazy crazy when they serve you with drama
I won't play it, play it, play it, I just do what I wanna
You could take a pic if you'd like to, but you better be quick cause I might move
Yeah I'm livin' that life, that's what I do
I'm livin' that life

If they're coming at me I'll say no
Tell 'em I don't wanna deal no more
Wrap it up, tie it up with a bow oh oh ay oh
I don't wanna get old too fast
I wanna make these good times last
See me whip my hair like that
And if they push I'll say
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...
Hold the drama
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...

Haters gonna say it, say it, say it, just to hear their own voices
But I keep slayin', slayin', slayin', cooking up my good choices
I keep a lot of friends 'cuz I'm loyal
Treat 'em real nice like their royal
So you never could say I'm spoiled, uh
Yeah, I'm livin' my life

If they're coming at me I'll say no
Tell 'em I don't wanna deal no more
Wrap it up, tie it up with a bow oh oh ay oh
I don't wanna get old too fast
I wanna make these good times last
See me whip my hair like that
And if they push I'll say
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...
Hold the drama
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...

Hold the drama
Okay, here we go
Come on dance
Hold the drama
Come on
Turn the music up louder
We're gonna dance
In 5,6,7,8

If they're coming at me I'll say no
Tell 'em I don't wanna deal no more
Wrap it up, tie it up with a bow oh oh ay oh
I don't wanna get old too fast
I wanna make these good times last
See me whip my hair like that
And if they push I'll say
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...
Hold the drama
I just wanna dance...
I just wanna dance...

If you're dancing and they love it
Then they'll just hold the drama
If you're dancing and they love it
Then they'll just hold the drama
If you're dancing and they love it
Then they'll just hold the drama
If you're dancing and they love it
Then they'll just hold the drama
I just wanna dance... dance like this

Serena's voice filled the silence accompanied by the sounds of guitar. I couldn't help but stare at her as she played, the way she crinkled her eyebrows together in concentration, the way she intently eyed her papers and the way she never had to look at her fingers to know where to put them. As she finished Serena finally noticed my staring. "Oh my god Darien! Stop!" she said, blushing. Serena got up and began to run. "Oh no you don't!" I yelled playfully. And so it went, I'd chase but she'd slip just out of reach. 

Unexpectedly Serena ran in to my arms, fisting my shirt in her hands. "Whatcha trying to do there?" I chuckled, wrapping her in to a hug. "I don't know," she said, "I just want to be close to you." Serena sighed happily. "By the way, you smell amazing." I laughed at her comment. "Thanks," I said, "It's just my cologne and I have coffee with creamer breath." She looked up at me as if I'm a puzzle she's trying to solve. "What?" I asked. "Nothing," Serena said, "I just want to look at you. I love how your hair is always somehow tousled, I love your sapphire blue eyes, I love everything about you." 

A moment of silence passed until Serena spoke again. "I love your faults no matter how you try to hide them, I love how you're so dedicated to your studies, I love that you'll risk your own safety just to protect me. I know I just basically went all around the topic but I love you." At that I crashed my lips on to hers in a hard, passionate kiss. I tried to convey all my feelings for her in to that kiss. It was obvious she knew my intentions since her response was just as passionate and full of fiery love. 

Pulling back for air, Serena said, "Well damn. What...never mind." I chuckled. "Let's go home." I suggested. After that we headed back to my place.     

My Serena, she's amazing.