I Won't Leave

*still Darien's pov*

With that question in my head I joined Serena in bed. Try as I may, sleep eluded me so I just lay there. Bored out of my mind, I turned over to look at Serena. She looks like a damn angel while she sleeps, I thought to myself. I caressed her cheek softly, admiring her beauty. The way her hair shines in the moonlight, how her skin is as soft as a rose petal and the way she smiles in her sleep as if she is having a sweet dream. Without realizing it, I began to drift off.

*the next morning*

I woke up to the covers rustling. "Serena?" I said confused. Turning towards her I realize she's still very much asleep. "Serena." I said again. I kept saying her name but no response. By now Serena was crying in her sleep. "No! Stop it!" she screamed, tears streaming down her face. I began shaking her. "Serena wake up! SERENA WAKE UP!!" At that she bolted upright, gasping. Finally her gaze fell on me. "What? Oh...I oh god." she said, leaning on me. I wrapped her in my arms. "You had a nightmare, that's all Sere. Why don't you tell me about it?" After a few minutes she was able to talk. "It was that final battle against Nehelania's nightmare." 

That was all she had to say for me to understand. That was the battle where she fought to free everyone, me included from a nightmarish spell. As I pet her hair I said quietly, "You have a lot of stress on you right now Serena but that is over. I'm here and I'm not going away. This is real." She shuddered before answering me. "I know," she said, "But what killed me was the thought that I might not get to hold you or kiss you again." She paused only to continue. "You're a part of me Darien and to nearly lose you was a nightmare unto itself." I replied, "I'm right here darling and I promise I won't leave." 

*later on, Serena's pov*

After that little meltdown in the bedroom I sat in the lounge and read my book, A Wrinkle In Time, while Darien made breakfast. "Serena! Breakfast is ready!" Darien called out. Putting my book down, I got up and sat at the table. "I made scrambled eggs with bacon and English muffins," he said, "I know it's your favorite." I sat quietly eating my food and thinking. Why am I having nightmares about things that happened so long ago?  I thought this over, not coming up with any answers. "Darien?" I said, causing him to look at me. "Hm?" he responded. "Why do you continue to be with me even though I'm a klutz and crybaby?" I asked, needing to know. 

He thought for a minute. "I suppose," Darien began, "because while you are a klutz and a crybaby at times when it matters you step up and fight to protect those that you love." He paused. "But also, though I can sit here and name thousands of reasons why, but I love you. The way your eyes seem like diamonds when you're happy or excited, the way you look so cute while you sleep or the way your hair shines in the moonlight. You're kind, caring and compassionate." He looked in my eyes lovingly. "You're just so...unique."     

Once Darien stopped talking I got up and hugged him. Returning the embrace, he pulled me into his lap. We sat there for awhile, just enjoying each others presence. Tired of the silence that had fallen, I began to hum a tune. "Hmm, hemm, hmm." And so it continued, Darien and I hugging as I hum that soft tune. I could feel him moving his head to look at me.

Just as we were about to get up my communicator sounded. "Serena we have trouble." It was Lita. "On my way." I answered. Once I transformed I headed off towards the fight.

*at the scene of the fight*

When I arrived most of the scouts looked pretty tired. "Sailor Moon!" they all exclaimed. "I am Sailor Moon," I called out to the monster, "the champion of justice in a sailor suit. In the name of the moon I will punish you!" In response the monster growled, charging me. I jumped out of the way just in time. I tried to attack but each time I did it came at me and I'd have to dodge. Finally the monster caught up to me, knocking me off my feet. Just as the monster was about to attack me a red rose split the air. "Stop right there! I am Tuxedo Mask and I don't take kindly to those who hurt the ones I love and care about."

Whipping out his cane, Tuxedo took on the monster and gave me time. "Sailor Moon! Hurry!" he called to me. "Right!" I answered. Gathering my strength, I called out, "Silver Crystal Power Attack!" In the nick of time Tuxedo got out of the way, giving me a clear target. As we all de-transformed the girls and outer scouts all thanked me. "You did amazing." Umara said, resting her hand on my shoulder. Everyone else nodded in agreement. As we went our separate ways Darien said to me, "See? I promised I wouldn't leave."