07

sleepy charlie couch cuddles

i sat on the sofa next to charlie, my body turned slightly so i was partially facing him.

i reached my hand up to play with his hair, him offering me a small, content smile when i did, and i ran my fingers through his hair, tugging lightly on the roots in a way i knew he loved.

"you alright?" i mumbled, as i knew he was pretty tired.

"yeah, i'm good thanks." he said, "i love you."

"i love you too." i smiled, and began to gently massage his scalp with my fingers.

"mm, that feels so nice." charlie hummed quietly in content, so i smiled, continuing with my comforting actions.

after a few minutes, he yawned and i 'awwed' at how cute he was, "you can sleep if you want." i offered.

"it's alright, i'll stay up if you're gonna." he said, resting his head on my shoulder for a moment.

"no, charlie, you don't have to. go to bed, you're clearly tired." i argued, speaking softly.

"i wanna stay with you." he mumbled.

"i'll come up to bed, then, if you want." i smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of his head, my fingers still in his hair.

"no, just cuddle me down here for a bit." he slipped one arm around my back, the other going around my front, his fingers lacing with mine on my free hand, my other hand still playing with his hair and massaging his head comfortingly.

"alright, just tell me if you wanna go up." i said.

"thank you, i love you."

"i love you too, charlie." i pressed another kiss to the top of his head.

the two of us remained cuddled, not saying much, but comfortable, for the next half an hour, until charlie yawned and sat up a little.

"m'gonna go to bed." he explained, and i grabbed his hand and followed him upstairs to our room.

we both undressed, me just down to pants, with one of his t-shirts over, and him just in boxers, and got into bed, charlie pulling my front to his, neck snuggling up to him as we closed our eyes and soon fell asleep, comfy and warm.