22

finding out you're pregnant

recently, i'd not had a period in two months, and i'd noticed that my boobs were a little bigger than usual, and for a few mornings the last few weeks i'd been sick.

i recognised the signs, so decided to take a test while charlie was away for a week.

the test came up blue, positive, confirming my suspicions, and my heart fluttered with nerves, but also excitement.

as much as charlie, like me, had expressed his desire for children in the future, he's just at the peak of his career and i didn't know whether he would want a child now.

i nervously picked up my phone, and dialled charlie's number, him picking up after just a few rings.

"hey, babe. you alright?" he asked.

"yeah, i, um, i.." i started, but he cut me off.

"take your time." he said softly, realising i was nervous, "it's okay."

"um, you're going to be a dad, i'm pregnant." i said, charlie not saying anything for a moment.

"no way?" he asked, "really? that's amazing." he said, and i could almost see his adorable big grin on his lips.

"yeah." i exhaled in relief.

"how long?" he asked.

"i don't know. i think maybe two and a half months." i said, "um, are you sure you're alright with it? i don't want it to disrupt your career, i—"

"no, babe, i'm so happy, i'm excited, i can't wait." he rushed, "i'll get the next flight home and come and see you."

"you don't have to."

"i want to. i'll see you tomorrow, probably. i'll text you, i love you, this is incredible!" he said.

"i love you too." i giggled lightly.

a.n. just a reminder that requests are open (feel free to request as many times as you'd like)