00

"People do not die from suicide the die from sadness."

+

Every day its the same routine, same old boring town and every day it's just getting worse and worse for her. Nobody gets her, she's depressed. Everyone thinks she's a freak because she has no friends, and everyone is always bullying her.

They don't know how many suicide attempts she's had. They don't know how many times she hurts herself. They don't know the amount of times she sits in her room in a curled up in a ball crying, they don't know anything about her because nobody wants to know her.

Her days became a little and when I say little I mean a inch brighter, when she started to receive little letters in her locker, everyday her anonymous person would leave her a note encouraging her and telling her all the beautiful little things about herself that she couldn't see.

Over the short period of time Calum had fallen in love with her, but she didn't know who he was. He wasn't exactly popular but he had quite a few friends, not that he talked to them all anyways.

He wanted to do everything in his power but he didn't know what he could do to help her out. She thinks nobody notices the amount of times she pulled her sleeves down, and the silent crying she's done. But he does, he notices it all. He wants to hold her all night long while she cries. He wants to be there for her when he needs her, but he's just scared. He can't just go up to her and say "Hi i'm Calum the anon that's been giving you letters and I'm in love with you" it doesn't work that way.

When she opened her locker the letter fell out, she smiled sadly.

Dear Katie,

My sweet love, how are you doing today? I hope you're better than yesterday. I saw you crying, I really wanted to come and hug you, but I'm afraid. I'm so scared you won't like me. I have a question.

Why do you want to die?

-Anonymous

She sighed heavily, wiping the little tears that had fallen, before replying to his letter.

Hi Anon,

I really don't know how I am, it feels like it's crashing down hill.

You can't kill something that's already dead.

-Katie

+

warning; may be triggering to some.

hope you enjoy the short story.

© voguexstyles. All Rights Reserved 2014