VIII

"We all want someone to notice, but as soon as they do, we wish they never did."

+

Katie was alone, it was sunday. She's been ignoring Calum since he left which was friday afternoon. She needed to think things through, I mean she had just had sex with him because she wanted to feel something but she liked feeling numb at the same time.

He confuses her so much, they had met and he immediately says 'I love you' he's said it in the letters but it's different in person. She just wanted everything to be back to the way it was, alone, depressed, abused, and used by Derek. It would make everything easy. Calum complicated everything, she wasn't sure if her feelings were growing but if they were she couldn't help herself but she could help Calum and make sure he doesn't fall too deep for her. He couldn't. She wasn't good, she was going to expire sooner or later and if they did have a future he'd probably get tired of her quickly and kick her to the curb.

Calum sat on his bed with Luke, one of his best friends. "I'm so confused Luke, I mean she called me over, then we made love which was too fast. I don't understand anything! Why is she ignoring me? What did I do? I'm going insane not knowing how she's doing!" He almost shouted, he was pacing, he was nervous as hell that's for sure. "Calm down buddy, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she's busy?"

Luke didn't know the whole story, he didn't know she was depressed and all. He just knew Calum was deeply in love with this girl, and now knew some details from their night together.

"No Luke no! She's not busy, for fuc-" Luke had cut him off before he could start ranting because Luke was getting annoyed at his best friend. "God sake Calum! Just go to her house, idiot!" He snapped. "That's a good idea! Bye!"

"Seriously? You're going to leave me here! I was kidding!!" He shouted after his best friend. Seeing Calum panic over this 'Katie' made Luke wonder what really was going on, I mean lots of girls never called him back right away but they called. He didn't get why Calum was rushing around to get all his things and leave so quickly. "Sorry man, I'll make it up to you!" He shouted before slamming the door.

- -

Katie had just finished up doing her dirty deed in the bathroom, now putting away her little box. She shook her head at herself knowing it was wrong but she had to get some relief. She was getting further and further into her dark hole, it was like it reached out for her and swallowed her in.

Changing into her dad's old high school sweater, and leggings she tiptoed downstairs hoping her mom was sleeping, which she was on the couch. Once she got into the kitchen she opened the fridge slowly to make sure she wouldn't wake her, and grabbed a water bottle. "You bitch! You woke me up, after I had just fallen asleep!" Her mother's voice shouted behind her making Katie flinch. She stomped over to her and slapped her on the cheek.

The impact made Katie whimper, "I-I'm s-sorry mom." She mumbled, feeling the tears start to well in her eyes. "Next time don't come out of your fucking room!" She yanked her hair back making her trip over her feet and fall. "I-I w-won't! I-I promise, p-please." She choked. Next hit was a kick to the ribs and then her stomach.

Calum was on her porch about to knock when heard a scream. Her scream. He quickly remembered the spare key and unlocked the door. He followed the screams and saw Katie's mother, and Katie on the floor.

"Who the fuck are you! Why are you in my house!?" Her mother shouted at him, but all he could do was stare at the girl on the floor curled up in a ball sobbing. "K-Katie," He ran up to her, cradling her head in his hands. "Ca-Calum, w-what are you d-doing here?" She stuttered, "I needed to see you baby," He sighed closing his eyes forgetting about her mother only focusing on her. "C'mon, let's get you cleaned up. I'm going to pick you up okay?"

"Where the fuck are you taking my daughter? Y-You imbecile!" She shouted running after them. "Shit." Katie hissed when she wrapped her arms around his neck. He carried her bridal style out of the house, into his car. "Where are we going?" She looked nervous, but most of all she look scared like a lost puppy. "My house, don't worry. I'll take care of you."

Her eyes welling up in tears once again, she was in pain everywhere including her arms. She wanted to die so badly at this moment, but nobody would understand.

These were the moments where she wish she could end it all.

+