III

(short chapter)

"Please don't be surprised when one day you can't wake me up" - (g.w.)

+

Katie really didn't know what to do with herself after he wrote her that poem. She never knew that someone could feel that way about her. I mean she was messed up, she had a mental illness and she didn't think she deserved anything. Especially not this boy's love. In her mind, he was wasting his time, because she knew what she was going to do. She was on thin ice, anything could make her crack she was literally at her breaking point.

She did not get one ounce of sleep that night. Her emotions were all over the place, she heard her mother come home. Her mother heard her sobbing, but did not want to deal with her daughter.

Poor sweet Katie didn't deserve this life, she should be a happy person. She should have a million friends and a wonderful boyfriend and a pretty perfect family, but she doesn't.

Calum sat in his bedroom all night hoping she was okay, he had her number he got it online. He was contemplating on calling her or not. So he sat there all night thinking of what to do. He decided to write another letter at some point in the wee hours of the night.

Katie,

I really don't want you to kill yourself. I know it's selfish for me to say it, but I don't.

You have so much ahead of you, you are so much better than everyone says you are. Sometimes things don't go the way you expect them to at all, but I know you can pull through it.

I know you are tired of trying, I know you're tired of living but it'll all be worth it soon.

-Cal.

- -

She saw her letter, and released a sigh, so it was Cal? Or maybe his nickname was Cal? She was going to write a reply but looked around, seeing everyone laughing, smiling, enjoying their time with all their friends. She saw the populars, the goths, the nerds and then she saw a boy standing in a corner looking at her. He had dark brown eyes, and fluffy hair. There eyes locked.

Then it hit her.

Calum Hood.

He was the one all along, he was in love with her. Calum Hood, her crush since year 7.

+

a/n; cliffhanger idk, its 2 am and I needed to write this for the next chapter. I listened to everything I didn't say, while writing this. xx