XI

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

+

Everything happened so quickly, one second she was in front of him the next she was running away from him and now she was laying on the cold hard ground, covered in blood, she had a huge cut on her face and a gash in her head.

He ran towards her, shouting at the driver to call 9-1-1."Hurry up!" He pulled her head in his lap. "Baby, please.." He sobbed, her eyes open and closing every minute. "I-I'm sorry I wasn't g-good enough to help you."

"Please stay with me, don't give up please." He pleaded, his chest aching from sobbing so much.

Katie had a choice now.. She could finally let go and be free; or she could stay with Calum and try to be happy for once. They could move on, she could learn to love him. She wanted to let go so badly, but then she thought about Calum and how he was so caring towards her and how he tried to help her.

Nobody had ever cared enough to do that, and to know he was in love with her made her scared. She wanted to love him she really did - but she just wasn't sure that she could ever be enough for him. She remembered his smile, and his giggle but it all started to blur out and she was scared because all of a sudden everything went black.

"No! Katie, come back to me!" He cried louder. The medics rushed over towards him, "Sir you need to step away right now." He reluctantly let her go, gently letting her go as another sob wracked throughout his chest. "When did she fall unconscious?" One man asked, "f-few minutes ago."

He nodded, as him and another man lifted Katie onto the stretcher and took her into the ambulance, "hey kid? You won't be able to come along but an officer can drive you since you aren't stable to drive yourself.." Calum wasn't stable, he was shaking and his vision was blurry from all his tears.

"Okay.." He whispered.

- -

He was banging his head on the elevator walls, and just as they opened he ran out and went to the receptionist. "Emergency room! Where is the damn emergency room!" He shouted to the poor girls who were only trying to do their jobs, as they shouted back at him he didn't listen he ran the halls before finally finding it - her room. He was dizzy, his head hurt from seeing her like this. "Sir you can't be in here." Calum stared at her, bloody, bruised, and barely breathing.

His eyes wide as he saw her covered in a thin material, "1,2,3 - clear!" The doctor shouted while using the defibrillator trying to bring her breathing back to normal. "She's not responding!" They shouted. "What's happening?!" He cried, as the guards tried to pull him away. "Tell me what the hell is going on!" He tried pushing pass the guards holding him back. "What's happening to her!"

"Look I am going to have to sedate you if you do not calm down." He spoke sternly. "Just tell me what's going on!" He cried. "We can't. You aren't fam-" He interuppted the guard. "She doesn't have family! I'm the only one she has! H-Her mother abuses her, do you really think she would give a shit!?" He exploded, pulling his hair.

Breathing heavily he sat on the floor outside the emergency room, he stared down at his hands, twisting and knotting them as if doing so would hold back the uncertainty inside of him. Despair roamed the hallway, expelled on the breath of worriers like him, doing their best to bite down on the pain that brought them here.

"Here's some tissues kid, she'll be okay. She seems strong." A nurse gave him an encouraging smile. He sniffled and nodded, taking the box and blowing his nose. "Come on Katie, please God don't take her away from me, yet." He whispered to himself.

"Excuse me?" Calum scrambled to his feet. "I have some good and bad news." Calum's heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. "W-What happened?" The tears falling rapidly.

"We were able to stabilize her breathing, but she has gone into a coma, and we really do not have a time estimate on when she'll wake up.. but it's really all up to her now. All you can do is pray, you can see if you'd like." His sobbing echoed the hallway. He followed the doctor into the room, "Visiting hours will end at four and re-open at six, so you can go home and change or eat. Take care of yourself kid." He patted Calum on the back, "Oh and if anything happens press that button." He pointed to the red button on the wall. "O-Okay."

"Oh baby," He whaled once the doctor left. He pulled the chair beside her bedside, and grabbed her hand. "I'm so sorry.. this is all my fault. I-If I hadn't said those things we'd be at my house by now, cuddling or doing something.. something other than this." He took a deep breath, before kissing her hand.

"You don't understand how much pain I'm going through knowing that I can't feel your warmth, your voice or see those beautiful eyes. N-Now you're practically gone.. and I'm really not coping well." He cried into his hands. "I didn't want this to happen to you, you don't deserve any of this.. please just hold on. I-I can show you how good life can be, just please give me a chance. I'll give you my whole life just to make you happy. Just please d-don't give up yet. I'll draw out a map, we can go anywhere and everywhere. I'll do anything for you."

"Baby why did you run away?" He said after a while of silence, but stood up quickly.

"Why? Why aren't you here for me when I need you! I'm going to break without you!" He cried harder, "I-I can't do th-" He choked on his saliva.

"Please wake up, Katie." He whispered, before curling up into a ball and cried.

+

F I N.

A/N : That is the end of this book! I will be posting the sequel either tonight or tomorrow! The sequel is called Feelings!

much love xx