X

"Depression isn't being sad when things go wrong, that's normal human emotion. Depression is being sad even when things are going great."

+

5 weeks later.

- -

Katie hadn't gotten any better, she had just been lying to Calum. She wanted to make him the happiest guy in the world, she needed to pretend so he wouldn't worry. But little did she know he worried everyday.

She thought she was a good liar but she really wasn't. Calum could see through her.. He was just frustrated that she wouldn't tell him.. He thought she would trust him by now? He was confused with himself.. did he not prove to her how much he cared enough? What was he doing wrong?

She was driving herself insane, she wasn't sure what to do.. She felt as if someone was always watching her every move; she felt paranoid. She had been alert 24/7 she hardly slept anymore, she felt like something was bad going to happen.

She loves the pain, because it's so hard to forget it. She doesn't know how to live without it. But what she doesn't realize that causing pain on herself only hurts Calum more..

- -

It was Monday and Calum was walking through the halls looking for her; he wasn't sure how long he hadn't actually seen her face. She was ignoring him these last few days and he was starting miss her a lot. He called her numbers of times, and left a billion voice mails. She just wouldn't answer him and he ached inside. Had he done something wrong?

"Calum! Buddy, tomorrow tonight there's a party and you're invited. I'm so pumped for this party." Luke ran up to him nudging his shoulder. "Uh I'm not sure if I can make it.. but it's a yes for now."

"Good you need to hookup with somebody because Katie isn't for you mate, she has too many problems for you." He snickered making Calum's fist ball. "Piss off. You don't have a clue of what she goes through and if you-"

"Jesus! She is cheating on you, I saw her and Derek!" He shouted, making Calum's eyes go wide. "No! Where are they, tell me right now!" He grabbed the collar of Luke's shirt pushing him against the lockers.

"Woah, Woah. In the back of the scho-" Calum ran down the hall pushing and shoving everybody, hoping he would make it on time..

- -

Katie walked to school this morning, not wanting to bother Calum since she was in fact ignoring him, he hadn't done anything wrong - he was always there for her. But to her that was the problem, she felt like she was suffocating and she wished she could get used to his company but sometimes it was too much.

She always had to walk the back of the school since she lived behind it and there was no other way to get to school. She felt like someone was following her so she sped up.

"Help!" She yelled out in surprise when a hand wrapped around her forearm. "Shut the fuck up, bitch." His voice spoke, as he wrapped a hand around her mouth. Tears pricked her eyes, not again she thought.

"Please, le-let me go Derek." She whimpered in his hand, making him laugh bitterly. "Not happening, sweetheart. You are mine.. I have to remind you that." He smirked.

No no no, where's Calum? Was he even thinking about her at this moment? She thought.

He brought his lips to hers, forcing them on top of hers. She struggled against him, squirming and pushing him. "Get the hell off me!" She shouted, "I am not yours! Do you hear me! I. Am. Not. Yours! How many times do we have to establish this, you fucking raped me! I h-hate you, you're sick!" She cried, her voice cracking as she hit him in the chest with her tiny fists.

"You're going to regret that, pretty one." He growled, pushing her to the ground and pinning her wrists behind her back. "No!" She screamed.

"Help! Please!" She screamed again. "No get off me!" She struggled against him as he pulled her pants down, seeing her in black underwear made him grow against her thigh. She whimpered, "No! Stop it!"

He pulled them down slowly, groaning at the sight of her. "Fuck, you're still as perfect as you used to be."

He unbuckled his pants, pulling his boxers down with him, "Let me fucking go now Derek I swear to god!" She cried, the tears continuously flowing down her face.

"Your all mine. This-" he touched her intimate spot, making her shudder. "Is mine. Your body is mine. I own you." He smirked before positioning himself over her. "No!" She cried.

"Get the fuck away from her!" The familiar voice shouted, pushing Derek off her. "You will regret that little boy." Derek roared. "You think I'm afraid you!? You are disgusting. Katie get up, and go to class." He looked over to her dressing herself again, but Derek launched himself towards her. "She's mine man, she isn't going anywhere." He smirked, but Calum was closer to her, and pushed her behind him.

Punching Derek in the face, he yelped. "I'm going to fucking ruin you!" He howled.

Calum laughed pathetically, "You can't do anything to me anymore. You are done Derek." He snapped. Derek smirked, pushing Calum into the wall, and punching him in the gut. Katie help back a whimper, poor Calum always fighting your battles; he'll get fed up and leave too, the devil in her head reminded her. Calum got punched in the jaw, then his nose.

But he got a few punches on Derek that knocked him over so he kicked him in the ribs. "You stay away." Calum spat towards him and grabbed his and Katie's bag. "Calum," She cried seeing him covered in blood. "C'mon, let's go." He spoke softly, grabbing her hand.

"I'm so sorry, I can't have you f-fighting for me every time." She sobbed into his chest when they reached the field which was right by the back of the school. "Shh," He stroked her hair, "everything's going to be okay, I promise he won't come near you." He cooed in her ear.

"I need to c-clean you up again, it-" She panicked. He laughed at her but shut her up by putting his finger on her lips. "I'm fine. Sh, how are you? Do you want to go home? Did he," Taking a deep breathe. "Touch you?" He practically growled the last two words.

She looked down in fright, she was ashamed. She was a helpless little girl. "Tell me, now." He demanded softly, not wanting to scare her even more. She nodded. "Once, he almost went all the way. But you thankfully got there. Nobody was there, I-I was so scared. I was all alone." She wailed harder. "I was thinking about you, and if you noticed me gone or not. If you cared that I-"

"Katie, I love you. Of course I care. I've told you a million times. I'm sorry if i've done anything for you to ignore me.. I didn't mean to do anything to you." He stared down at her, in admiration. This boy was falling harder and harder each day, and couldn't stop himself. "Everyday I find something else to love about you, and I'm scared. I admit it. I'm scared one day you won't love me and you'll just be gone. I'll never be able to hold you, or hear your voice. That would kill me. I don't know what I would without you.." His eyes starting to tear up.

"Calum.. It's not you, I'm not used to all this attention.. Nobody ever tried with me before, but when I look in your eyes and your holding me tight I feel alive. It's just new to me.. I know you've had past girlfriends, and there are a lot of other girls that can give you a hell of a lot more than I can, you honestly need to try to move on because I-I don't know if I can make it." She shook her head, before backing away from him.

"You have a hold on me, please don't do this to me. Hold on to me baby, nobody would ever be able to be equal as you. You make me feel something nobody could. Please Katie." He cried, moving closer to her. But she turned and ran away before he could make her feel even worse.

Everything happened so fast, he didn't understand what or how it happened. The road was clear, but nobody saw the car coming. The driver breaked and swerved, but the car skidded and plowed right into her body.

+

A/N; Okay so one last chapter in this book.. then a sequel, I think, i'm still not sure it depends how I finish chapter 11! But drama, drama, drama! Hope you enjoyed

xx