II

"I know what's it's like to be afraid of your own mind." - Dr. Spencer Reid, Criminal Minds.

+

Katie woke the next morning, wincing at the pain in her arms once again. She had a rough night, the demons in her head wouldn't go away this time. Her monsters were inside of her, instead of hiding under her bed.

She didn't get much sleep last night, it was one of those nights. Where she stared blankly at the wall for hours, and didn't exist. She tries so hard, to get over it and forget it all and move on and she thought she was getting to the point where she could say 'Wow I'm feeling better today' but right now she couldn't feel any worse.

Dear Katie,

Yes it begins with c,

I promise you soon enough you will know.. and I am NOT playing you.. I could never do that to you. I hope you didn't hurt yourself last night.. I hate this, I hate it so much, I'm such a coward... I want to help you and I want to save you, but I'm too nervous to admit to you who I am.. I want to- crap I just want to hold you and tell you all the thousands of things I love about you.

Love,

- C

Calum decided to write her another letter, but this one was a poem instead, he decided he owed it to her to let her know, how he really felt.

Dear Katie,

I fall for you harder each day,

By everything you do and say,

You're one of a kind,

You make me fly,

When I think of you time stops,

I've never felt this way,

You drive me wild,

But I'm holding on,

You're the only thing I look forward to in the morning,

I'm falling so hard; so fast I can't keep up,

There's something special about you that I can't pinpoint,

I'm loosing my mind,

I need you like balloons need air,

You're my oxygen baby,

But, you've left me breathless.

love,

-c.h.

Once Katie arrived she had seen two notes in her locker, one that said read later, so she opened the first and put the other in her bag. She quickly scanned over it, sucking her lower lip into her mouth. Sighing, she replied.

Dear C,

You aren't a coward, shut up. I understand why you're scared but you really don't have to be.. I'm just a depressed girl, I won't bite. I'm sorry.. I really am. I'm such a handful. It's one mistake after another. There is just too much pain not to notice it.. It's like a endless pit of darkness. I'm just drowning and nobody can pull me out. It's harder each day, I don't if I'll last long enough.

- Katie

The day went by really slow after she left the message, Calum had collected his letter back. His heart broke at her letter. He was just a loser, he needed some way to get them to meet. He needed a plan on how to get them together.

Katie got home, and again she was alone. Her mom was probably have sex with some random guy again, and her dad was on a business trip again, he hardly was home either. Yay for her. She lay in bed thinking, blasting Bring Me The Horizon. When she thought of the other letter Calum left her. She scrambled out of bed, collecting it in her bag, opened it she read the letter.

That's when she lost it completely.

+

a/n; hello, what do you think so far?

The poem is mine by the way, I wrote it a while back and thought it was fitting for this.