VII

"Black is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They're so... empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not."

+

2 days later.

She sat in her bed later that night thinking of all the things that happened 2 days ago. 1) Calum, oh sweet Calum. She found out he was her anonymous 2) he had gotten into a psychical fight for her, 3) she finally had told someone what Derek had done to her and lastly they got to know each other.

She liked listening to Calum speak, his voice soothed her. Calum wanted her to stay the night make sure she wasn't going to do anything stupid, but she refused after all they had only met. She was nervous, her arms were itchy and they burned.

She had a craving to do it again, and she knew when she got it she wouldn't be able to stop herself. She hesitantly walked into her bathroom and found the blades in her hiding spot. She choked on a sob, throwing the box across the bathroom. Hitting her head against the wall, "Why! Why me?" She wailed pulling her hair.

"I-I need to do t-this. B-But I promised h-him I wouldn't! Shit!" She spoke to herself, pacing. Her skin started to itch more, and her mind grew fuzzier. She grabbed the box and opened it staring at them. "No," she mumbled, snatching her phone from her sweater's pocket and dialling the new number in her phone.

Calum was sitting in his car at the park, he usually did this when he had to think or when he couldn't sleep. In this case he was thinking, he jumped in surprise when his phone rang. "Hello?" He heard a sob on the other line, knowing automatically who it was. "Katie, what's the matter? Talk to me," he cooed.

"I-I n-need y-you." She choked out, her voice panicked. "Pl-please" she croaked. "I'm coming, where are you?" She gave him her address, and whimpered. "B-bathroom." "Okay, just breathe. In through the nose, out through the mouth." He spoke quietly. "W-where are you?" She rasped. "Close," "The k-key is under the carpet, hurry."

He arrived shortly, unlocking the door trying to be quiet. He ran up the stairs hearing her sob, and her muffled screams. He busted the bathroom door, "Baby.." He rushed to her side, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Ca-Calum." She hiccuped. He rocked her back and forth, she moved into his lap curling into him.

Stroking her hair, he whispered things into her ear. "Shh, I'm here." Her crying eventually grew into weeps, "I'm sorry." She mumbled, hiding her face in his neck. "Don't be, I was at the park thinking." He smiled.

"Oh,"

They sat there for a while, he stood up suddenly startling her. He saw the box, he opened it and gasped. "D-Did you?" Tears forming in his eyes, "N-No I er - called you," she looked down, ashamed to look at him. He tipped her chin up, with his index and thumb. "I'm proud of you that you didn't, thank you for calling me." She closed her eyes, gasping when his thumb brushing her bottom lip.

His breath washed over her lips, "Calum." She murmured. "What is it?" Her breath hitched in her throat. "K-Kiss me." And he did, he pressed his lips against her so fast. His lips were soft against hers, she felt something when they kissed. Maybe this was the fireworks everyone talked about. She moaned, as his tongue slipped into her mouth. "God, you're so hot," He groaned, she pushed him against the sink. Breathing heavily, "No no," he smirked lifting her up, setting her on the counter top and Calum in between her legs.

[ some mature content ]

She grabbed his shirt and yanked him closer, needing to feel him. She needed to feel something for once. Their lips pressed together once again, moulding perfectly. She rocked against him, making him growl. "Shit," she gasped, when he rocked into her again. He kissed down her neck, "Calum," She moaned when he kissed the spot right under her ear, he sucked and licked marking her, his. "Mine." He growled playfully, and tickled her sides making her giggle.