Hayley Marshall

A/N: Hi everyone! I am back, and I'm sorry that I didn't update for a long time. I wasn't feeling inspired to write anything, and so I didn't want to throw content at you that wasn't good. This is another S5 inspired one-shot, so spoilers ahead. Hayley Marshall, was killed in the latest episode of the Originals, and I AM NOT okay with it! So this is a one-shot to honor her life. 

Hayley was going to find her parents. She knew she was always going to. But when Shane said that they were dead, she couldn't believe it. She wouldn't, and she promised, to that day, she would never leave her child.

Hope cooed in Hayley's arms, just fifteen months old. Hayley loved her baby girl with all her heart, and she had been robbed of her chance to see her when she was a newborn. But all that mattered was that she was here now. Hope's green eyes glistened as much as her mother's. She had already begun to grow hair on her head, and she was the perfect combination of Hayley and Niklaus. She had Hayley's eyes, and Klaus' hair. Hayley wouldn't let anyone lay a hand on her little girl, she knew she wouldn't, always and forever. Never again.

"Momma! Come look at what I painted!" Hope called from the living room. Hayley walked into the living room of their small ranch home, the one where Hope would meet her father in just a year and a half. Hayley was whisked away in front of the canvas by Hope, and she gazed lovingly at her painting. Even though they were just stick-figures, Hayley could tell she painted her and her mom. Scrawled at the bottom in messy handwriting, it was signed To: Mommy, From: Hope. "For me?" Hayley asked. Hope nodded, and gave her the painting. "Thank you, I love you," she kissed her daughter's forehead, wanting the moment to last forever.

That last glance at her daughter before she made her choice, that last one, the last look, she kept in her mind in her last moments. She would memorize that as she watched Klaus' face when she forced herself outside, and Hope's face was all she saw through the fire.