Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Chapter 1: The Victorian Mansion

=======================

"Why did I agree to this..." a certain girl with short raven hair groaned, sliding down her seat dramatically. The girl with platinum blonde hair beside her giggled as a pout appeared on the former's lips.

"Well, you shouldn't dwell on it anymore, Taka-kun. We're already here," Yui replied. "There's no turning back now."

"Stupid oyaji! Stupid stupid-" The mentioned girl repeated with a frown, angrily ruffling her boy-like hairstyle. Yui dismissed her sister's tantrum as she gazed out of the taxi's window.

The road ahead was barren. Trees crowded around the area like a forest and there were no buildings in sight. The place that the two sisters were headed to was miles away from civilisation. It might even be an abandoned house in the middle of the woods, who knows. Yui shook away the thoughts and turned back to the girl beside her who was still grouching like a grinch.

The Father of the two had sent them to live with his 'distant relative' by the countryside while he flew overseas to deal with whatever business he had, or so the siblings have been told. Takashi was extremely suspicious of it and kept complaining about all the negative aspects of the 'relative'. She didn't want to leave the church.

"I'd rather stay in this boring place than a rapist's den!!" Or so she says. Yui had been fine with the decision from the start. If it was her father's orders, she would follow without question, seeing as it would not bring any harm to herself. Long hours of convincing and an impulsive answer was all it took for the matter to settle and the sisters to head off.

Slowly, the taxi swerved and the thick forest cleared. A large grand mansion came into sight, standing tall and mighty under the moonlight. "Wow!" Takashi exclaimed, sticking her face against the vehicle's window to take a closer look, jaw-wide.

Screeching to a stop in front of the gleaming metal gates, the siblings alighted the taxi. Yui bowed towards the driver for formality before sending the taxi off.

Takashi was long gone from where the two alighted. Running around the front yard of the mansion was the girl who was shouting excitedly at every new thing she saw. "Wow! That fountain tho!" "Woah! That garden tho!" "Ahaha! Look at this beauty!"

Yui giggled at her sister's antics as she reached out for their luggages and headed towards the towering mansion.

Upon hearing the rolling of wheels, Takashi came back to her senses as she hurried over to her older sister. Taking over the grip on the luggages, Takashi gave Yui a smile. "I'll handle this." Yui gave her a grateful look as the two siblings strolled towards the front porch.

A drop of water landed on Takashi's hand, causing her to shift her gaze up to the sky. Yui came to a stop as she heard her sibling's slowing footsteps. She gazed at the girl with a questioning look. Not a few seconds later, a huge rain pour suddenly came down on the two.
Yui ran towards the sheltered entrance hurriedly, squeaking and shivering as she felt a zephyr brush past her damp clothes. On the other hand, Takashi stood under the rain, bathing in the cool and peaceful weather.

______

"What am I gonna do with you.." Yui let out a sigh as she helped to dry Takashi's soaked figure. The mentioned girl could only laugh sheepishly while squeezing the water off her clothes. Making sure that the girl would not be freezing anymore, Yui turned towards the magnificently sculpted door and knocked on it.

There was no response. The bright pink eyes of Yui shifted towards Takashi before going back to the door. Another knock. Still nothing. As the girl lifted her fist for another knock, a foot came flying towards the door.

Bam! The sudden sound caused Yui to jump out of her skin in shock. The owner of the foot grinned in triumph as she strutted into the guest hall confidently.

As the two siblings entered the mansion, the doors softly closed behind them. There laid a grand staircase that reached the upper levels. A dark red carpet reached from the foot of the stairs to the far and beyond. Specs of light that dotted the carpet came from the shimmering chandelier hanging from the high ceiling of the place. The room was mostly dark, even with the light source.

"This place is amazing!" Takashi exclaimed breathlessly, thoroughly overwhelmed by the new environment.

"The owner of this place must be very wealthy," Yui mused. Unconsciously, she felt a chill. Bringing her arms around herself, Yui couldn't shake off the creeps she was feeling from the mansion.

____________________________

Rereading the story's intro, I realised that it doesn't really capture the attention of the 'serious' readers. So I decided to have both a humurous chapter and a serious chapter as the introduction to this story for more to enjoy. And also to keep the POV locked, else it'll be too messy. I hope I did quite well in this and thank you for choosing to read my story. Take care.

~ Yuzasuke

840 words