Chapter 17

Previously on Boy or Girl:

'What a joke. They are mine and mine ONLY.'

_________________________
Chapter 17
________________________

The two siblings chatted as they walked down the hallways of the mansion, the heart of the girl beating at ease while cherishing the time she had with her sibling.

"Oi." A rough voice stopped the duo in their conversation, pulling both pairs of eyes to the white-haired male who was resting by a window. His crimson eyes swerved over to the two humans as he let his propped up leg down, sitting properly before rising up to his full height, towering over both siblings.

Yui's fingers instantly reached towards the plaited shirt of Takashi and grasped the edges in slight terror. Putting on a smile on her face while slowly shifting closer to the taller male beside her, she greeted the vampire, "Subaru-kun..."

The mentioned vampire advanced to the two, one of which stood his ground while the other was desperate to pull her sibling away to run. Crimson eyes flickered to the two before his footsteps came to a stop, a metre or so away from them. "If you stay, you'll definitely die," he started, his eyes slowly narrowing into a hard glare, "so don't linger if you value your life."

He received mixed reactions from the humans: one sighed while the other frowned.

Yui stepped out, gulping down her fear. "But... we don't have a choice."

Takashi scoffed, throwing his head to the side as his onyx eyes held contact with narrowed crimson ones. "Trust me. We would gladly leave."

"Then go now." That sentence caused both sibling's eyes to widen in shock.

"What?" Yui let out, unsure whether she heard him right.

The silver-haired vampire could be seen mentally groaning as he threw another irritated glare at the girl. He did not like repeating himself. "I said 'go now'!" He took a breath, calming down his rising anger, his sharp eyes locked on the two. "This may be your only chance."

A wide grin grew on the black-haired male's lips as he pivoted on the heel of his feet and turned away. "Well then! Thanks for the amazing information, Subaru-san! We'll be on our way now!" With a wave of his hand, he headed off to his room.

Not before being held back by Yui, who called out with determination, "Wait!" Takashi glanced back at his sister who stood her ground and held a strong posture. "No. I can't leave this place until I know the truth," Yui declared, her voice not once wavering. The confused male lifted an eyebrow. 'The truth?'

Both crimson eyes held their gazes, before one of them shifted away after a blink, silver hair flowing with the motion. Yui cocked her head in confusion. "...Subaru-kun?"

"You should have left when you had the chance, you've wasted a rare opertunity..." Subaru uttered, shoving his hands into his trousers pocket and turning around to leave.

"Wait!" Yui reached out and caught the sleeve of Subaru's uniform, stopping him in his steps as he turned his crimson orbs to the girl.

"If you know anything, about me or my father..." Yui paused, her eyes welling up with tears. "If you know anything at all, please tell me now. I was told that the church sent me here as an offering to become the sacrifice."

Takashi narrowed his eyes as he watched the two conversed. 'I've heard them saying that Yui-nee is a sacrificial bride before...but, to have the church themselves deciding it for her?!' He couldn't help the fury from rising in his body. 'And here I thought it was just a joke.' A hard glare was thrown on the carpeted floor, threatening to burn a hole through it.