Late Night Fever || Virgil x Fem!Reader

This one's kind of a college AU.

[YOUR POV]

   Typing, drinking coffee late at night, and falling asleep on my desk seem to be the only things I ever seem to be doing these days.

Long hours that will turn from the bright, summer evening to the early hours of the next day. As you would've guessed, I'm working on a paper. I've gone for a Journalism and Creative Writing degree meaning I always have to work on articles, it can be fun sometimes but otherwise it just gets tiring. Slaving away at the keyboard, having to fill up on anything with caffeine, getting dark circles under my (E/C) eyes. The list continues.

[TIMESKIP]

   Many hours later, it is now 4AM, I finish the paper. I'm so glad that my classes are after midday. "Finally," I sigh to myself. That's when I realised my voice sounded different and my nose was blocked. Great, I now have a cold. Further proving my point, I sneezed, but then heard footsteps coming towards my door. Then a knock and my door was opened to reveal my dorm mate, Virgil Sanders.

"(Y/N)? Why are you up so late? It's 4AM," he asked me, clearly concerned.

"I had to finish my report, why?" I yawned half way down.

"You're staying up way too late, come on, I'm not leaving until you get into bed." He stated, firmly. I shrugged. Thankfully, I was already wearing my pajamas. I turned the monitor off and crawled into the bed, just as he was about to leave, I grabbed his wrist.

"Can you stay with me? Please?" I asked him, getting more and more sleepy each second my eyes stay open.

"Uhm, o-ok, I guess." I shifted over so he could get in. He mumbled something inaudible into the back of my neck.

"What was that?" I turned to face him. He mumbled again but I still couldn't hear him. "Virge, I still can't hear you."

"I think you're cute!" He exclaimed, causing me to jump out of my skin as he covered his face with his hands. "Now you think I'm an idiot..." He muttered but loud enough for me to hear him.

"Virgil." He looked up immediately, afraid of what I would say. "Do you.. like me?" I asked him.

"Mhm..." was all I got for a response.

"Well I like you too, my little emo," I reassured him, and gave an awkward laugh, as he stared right into my eyes.

"Y-you really mean it?" He stuttered. Cute. I nodded in response as he suddenly kissed me lovingly on the lips. Shocked at first, I kiss back and smile. "Goodnight, Virgil."

"'Night, (Y/N)." His arms wrapped around my waist as mine laid on his arms.

[EXTRA: THE NEXT MORNING]

   Slowly, I woke up to the sound of Virgil's light snores. I chuckled quietly and brushed the hair out of his face, I wriggled my way out of his strong grasp and made my way to the kitchen. I made pancakes and coffee for when he wakes up, however, I was surprised when I felt a kiss on my cheek so I  turned to face a sleepy Virgil and he attacked my face with kisses. We spent the rest of the day in as he didn't have any classes today and I called in sick. We mainly stayed on the sofa and even fell asleep on each other after dinner.

I could really get used to this.

WC: 584