Laces || Logan x Male!Reader

[3RD PERSON POV]

   "(Y/N), my love!" Logan shouted at the shorter male from the porch, "tie your laces or you will fall over!"

It's currently thundering down with rain, and (Y/N) was outside playing in the back garden. How he got past his overprotective boyfriend in the first place is one wonder. Another one includes how the clumsy boy hadn't fallen over yet.

"Logie, I'm fine!" He yelled back, barely hearing each other over the downpour. Continuing his activities, he spun around and jumped in the puddles like he was five years old again. It was going considerably well and Logan even thought (Y/N) was beginning to be more careful, but that was all ruined when a crash of lightning hit a few streets behind them.

(Y/N) jumped out of fright and began to run inside, only to then ruin the lucky streak and slip on his shoe laces. His hands harshly hit the concrete beneath him as Logan came rushing to his side.

[YOUR POV]

   "I told you that you would fall over," Logan effortlessly picks me up and carries me to our shared bedroom as I could feel my face heating up quicker by the second.

I cuddled into his chest as well as I could have, but then got even more flustered when we had to walk through the living room. You know, where everyone happened to be hanging out at the moment.

"You guys are so cute!" Patton squealed.

"I'm still mad. Teach over there got a boyfriend before I did. How could anyone resist my dashing face?!" Roman huffed out in jealousy and crossed his arms.

"Well, we have the same face so (Y/N) most likely fell for Logan because he doesn't talk about himself all the time," Virgil explained, sick of the whiny Prince's complaints. Logan rolled his eyes and continued to carry me upstairs.

He set me down on the bed so I just laid down.

"Why do you never tie your laces?" He then laid down (after removing my shoes like I couldn't do it myself) and put his arms around my waist.

"I dunno? Can't be bothered, I guess." It came out as more of a question. I really didn't know, just easier to leave it even though it's dangerous.

"It's not safe," he warned in a soft voice. It kinda made my heart flutter, he cares about me so much and I'm constantly worrying him by not doing such a small thing? Maybe I just have to be extra careful. "I love you so it's a given that I worry you'll hurt yourself."

"Aww, Logan, I love you too!" I smiled, leaning further into him. He's so cute!

He had a light blush dust his face while he tried to hide a wide smile so he just kissed my forehead as we fell asleep cuddling.

[NEXT DAY]

   I woke up and realised Logan was already awake and downstairs so I quickly got ready so I could see him. I noticed him and Roman at the bottom of the stairs. They must have heard my footsteps as Logan seemingly became more at ease at the sight of his boyfriend.

"Hey, (N/N)." Roman greeted, he had a weird expression on his face, but I chose to ignore it. As I was walking towards Logan, however, my feet caught on something so I tripped and fell into him. That then made the both of us fall over with me on top of him, we both blushed deeply. I tried to get up only to then fall back into his lap, so now I was straddling him. We were staring into each others eyes until we realised everyone else was also now downstairs due to the pretty loud thud of two people falling on top of each other.

"WOAH! What's happening here?" Virgil shouted jokingly.

"I bet they've both seen that before~." Remus remarked, cackling as Roman had a wide grin as he was the one that caused me to fall. Patton was just gushing over us again.

We awkwardly got up and I immediately hid my face in Logan's neck, he chuckled slightly out of embarrassment. "Probably those damn laces," he commented laughing even more.

"Shut up!" I playfully hit him on the arm as he smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

[THE NEXT WEEK]

   It was our five year anniversary! I got Logan quite a few gifts like classic flowers and chocolates, but I also got him a telescope that you can put on your window ledge and an astronomy guide as I knew he was always interested in that kind of stuff.

I had already given them to him earlier today and he said he would give me mine after our date so that's what we were currently getting ready for. He seemed a bit more antsy throughout the day, so I don't think he got much sleep last night.

He held my hand as we walked to the surprise date: it was a riverside restaurant! The sun was setting and there were hanging bulb lights across the pavement, lighting up the river.

The date came to an end, we were walking hand-in-hand next to the river and I stumbled slightly.

"(Y/N), I swear-" He crouched down and tied my laces for me.

"Logan, leave them. I can do them myself, I'm not five years old y'know," I told him while laughing quietly. He was about to get up however he actually stayed on one knee and pulled out a small, velvet box. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed in realisation.

"(Y/N) (L/N), the love of my life, we have been together for five years and every day I become more and more infatuated with you. You've helped me make sense of emotions, which also included worry for your health." I laughed again, tears threatening to spill this time. "I-I think it's pretty clear that we're meant to be so I'll ask you this: will you let me have the honour of marrying you?" He stuttered only once, terrified of any and all negative outcomes as if you weren't going to say-

"Yes! Of course!" I uttered through tears of happiness and pulled Logan up. He slipped the gorgeous ring on my left ring finger and dipped me into a passionate kiss.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He mumbled, resting his forehead on mine while looking into my eyes.

"I love you so much."

WC: 1102

Finally a fully wholesome story! I was listening to Marry You by Bruno Mars and saw this prompt on Tumblr so I wanted to write it.