Chapter Seventeen

17: Day 3 Jeju Island!

Chaeyoung's mental illness revealed.

3rd Person's POV

Mina woke up sloppily from her bed. As soon as she got inside her room yesterday night, Dahyun immediately threw a pillow at her— which eventually led into an intense pillow fight. 

She got up whilst rubbing her eyes, hearing 3 consecutive loud knocks on their door. Groaning, she lazily stood up to check who it was. 

Her eyes lit up in excitement like she's having an adrenaline rush. "Chaeyoungie!" she called and hugged the cute cub in front of her. 

Chaeyoung, who was at loss for words, returned the hug back and patted her Unnie's back gently. "Yes, yes. It's me. Chaeyoungie." she chuckled. 

Mina pulled away from the hug after realizing that it became a 2 minute-long hug already. To ease the awkwardness building up inside her, she cleared her throat and flashed a smile. "So, what brings you here?" 

"Oh, I need to see Dahyun. I have to tell her to pack her things already." 

The Penguin's eyebrows furrowed in bewilderment. "What? Why? We're supposed to leave at 4 PM right?" she asked continuously. 

Chaeyoung put one hand on the nape of her neck, she was finding an excuse to get away from her question. "Uhm.. due to various reasons, the 3 of us have to leave early. Mianhae, unnie. We won't be able to go home with you guys." she apologized, her eyes downcast. 

It's not like Mina can do anything about it anyway. Plus, she doesn't expect Chaeyoung to state what the reason is but there's this little feeling inside her that she wants to know. She wants answers yet the cub in front of her won't give her one. Even a hint.

The older one sighed, gesturing Chaeyoung to come in. "It's fine. I guess I'll just be a bit lonely without you here." she bravely said which made the younger one blush faintly. Mina fist pumped after noticing this. 'Yes! I made her blush!' 

The little beast decided to shrug it off and wake her annoying friend instead. "Yah Dahyunie! Wake up!!"

The Tofu who seems to be unexpectedly stubborn, stirred over to the left side of the bed. She still hasn't woke up. She's definitely getting on Chaeyoung's nerves.

Due to Chaeyoung's short patience, she slapped Dahyun's cheeks real hard which made her friend shriek in pain with her eyes wide open. "WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"Duh! We have to leave early, remember?" she rolled her eyes at her dumb, forgetful friend. "Hurry up. Tzuyu and I will wait for you in our room."

Meanwhile, Mina kept on chuckling at the adorable sight held in front of her. She can't help but grin since the two were cute as heck.

She was leaning on the doorway with her arms crossed and snapped out of her thoughts when Chaeyoung cleared her throat. "You seem to be having fun laughing on your own." she teased.

Mina playfully slapped Chaeyoung's arm and smiled, "Silly! Go to your room now!"

"Alright, alright~ See you at Seoul!" the little beast cheerfully waved whilst running backwards. 

Although on the other hand, the Penguin was not satisfied on the expression plastered on Chaeyoung's face today. Her smile seems so fake or maybe she's just overthinking it?

Chaeyoung's POV 

We're currently on our way back to Seoul. After riding the ferry, we rode the van next since our Manager Oppa insisted on driving us home. Dahyun was whining all day long because she got separated from her beloved Momo unnie. It's actually strange to see them getting along all of a sudden. From what I've observed the both of them seem to be pretty tense when we met in the Teacher's Office.