Chapter Eighteen

018: The Original Chaeyoung

3rd Person's POV 

It's been two weeks.

That's right.

Two weeks has passed. Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung didn't went to school for 2 weeks and it's driving the other members crazy already.

After TWICE's trip to Jeju Island, they went home in a jiffy since Nayeon spilled the beans.

She told them about Chaeyoung's mental illness since she got no other choice especially after getting threatened by one of  Mina's death glares.

They tried going to Chaeyoung's house but the guards just won't let them in. They also tried contacting Tzuyu and Dahyun but they never answered any of their calls or text. The Bunny Nayeon hasn't said anything to them ever since she told them everything. In fact, she has been avoiding the other members for a while now.

"So.. we won't be able to perform Daring Women huh?" Jihyo who kept on sighing for 10 times already, sighed again. She went silent as soon as she got no response. Every single one of them weren't talking. 

Other students in the cafeteria find it weird as well. Normally, their so-called School Idols' table would be filled with laughters out of nowhere. They've been like this for 2 weeks. Fans all over the country were somehow alarmed by their odd behavior.

 Mina definitely couldn't handle much more of this. She wants to see Chaeyoung. As soon as possible before she goes out of her mind. 

She abruptly stood up and was about to walk away when Momo suddenly stopped her. "Where are you going? At Chaeyoung's place again?" 

"Yes. Is there anything wrong with that?" she raised her eyebrows and violently pulled her wrist away that was tightly gripped by Momo. These days, she gets irritated so much and there is only one sole reason. Son Chaeyoung. "You know I can't just sit here and wait." 

Jeongyeon stood up and placed her hand on Mina's shoulder. She needs to calm the Penguin down before she explodes. "Mina-yah... Let's just wait, okay? That's the only thing we can do right now. What could you possibly do if you're standing in front of Chaeyoung's house? Those guards won't oblige to your orders to see her."

"Jeongyeon's right. We've been visiting her place a lot these past few days but they still won't let us see her." Sana, who is completely pale and silent finally talked. "Nothing will change even if you go right now." 

Again, silence engulfed their whole table as they went back to their seats.  

"I just want to see her..." Mina thought. 

Jihyo's POV 

I should do something about this.

I am the leader, that's why I should act now before everything goes out of place.

I've been suspecting Chaeyoung before. I kinda knew that she was sick but still, I didn't tell anyone. I just can't tell them. 

You're asking how I came to suspect her? 

Well, right after our rehearsal in Daring Women, Chaeyoung went to the comfort room first and then the others went directly to the waiting room. 

I was worried about Chaeyoung's state that time since she didn't look too good. It's like she's on the verge of being unconscious the moment I take my eyes off of her so I decided to secretly follow her to the restroom...

[ F L A S H B A C K ]

Chaeyoung looks pale after the rehearsals. I've been observing her for quite a while right now and my observations tells me to observe her a lot more. A LOT MORE.