Chapter Twenty-eight

28: Saving each other

Mina's POV

Darkness. 

That's all I see. 

I don't know why I'm here. 

How many days have passed since I arrived in this infinite darkness? 

I curled myself into a ball. Everything around me is pitch black and I know this is where I'll meet my demise. I have lived a pretty lively life and I have no regrets either. Perhaps, if I'm fated to cross the other side right now, will someone be able to stop me? 

No. 

I'm the only one here. 

No one will help me.

A loud thud resonated around the abyss, creating an endless echo. I raised my head, only to see a white door right in front of me. My eyes narrowed, pulling my brows together in a frown. My lips partially opened as I study the door. 

I pulled myself up from my seat and fixated my gaze to the silver doorknob. My hands moved on its own, now clenching the knob tightly. Once I go inside this door, there's no coming back. Maybe that's for the best. 

Are you sure?  the voice inside my head interfered. 

Yes, I am. 

She's waiting for you. 

Who?

Son Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung...?

Pieces of memories started flashing inside my head. It fully consists of a smiling girl. The real Chaeyoung.

I remember the way she smiles when I do something silly, the way she cares for me, the way she looks at me whenever I pretend not to notice and the way she told me that she loves me. I remember it all. 

My eyes widened. I remember everything now. I got shot by the fake Chaeyoung and the last thing I could remember is her, walking away with that douche bag, Kang Dal Po. 

She needs you. 

Hell yeah, she does. That girl can't do anything for herself. 

I have to wake up now.

Wake up Myoui Mina.

Wake up!!

Everything was a blur. My eyes are partially open but I could clearly hear an annoying beeping sound. From a machine perhaps? I tried moving my hands but my index finger was the only one I could manage to move. 

"Mina?" I couldn't properly see the person calling me but I could recognize her just by the voice. "Nurse!! she's awake!! get the doctor!!" Momo yelled.

When I successfully adjusted my vision, I saw an ugly crying Momo holding my hand. Wow, she looks uglier now. Why does she have to hold my hand though? Eww Momoring, that's so gay.

The doctor came and checked me up.  He had to point this small light to my eyes, kinda sucks to be honest. "She's fully awake now." the doctor smiled, "I'll take my leave first. Call me if anything happens." then he left.

Momo kept on crying by my side. I couldn't comfort her even if I wanted to since I'm practically bedridden right now. All these things injected to my skin are creeping me out.

"What took you so long to wake up? dummy," she mumbled between her cries.

Huh? Was I unconscious for too long?