Chapter Six.

John Pov
"So your saying...he didn't kill himself?" Martha asked, looking up from her book.

"Exactly! There were no signs of it whatsoever and well...You know this sounds crazy but he talked to me. It didn't take much to put two and two together but my main question is who killed him?" I answered.

I flopped down on her bed. "He was seventeen. No one should die at seventeen." I said softly.

"Especially not Alex." I muttered.

"I mean I guess I kind of saw something coming." Martha said, returning to her book.

"What do you mean?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbows.

"He always seemed too nice I guess? It's always the nice guys that die. Right?" She asked.

"I mean I guess but this real fucking life. In the movies that's what happens." I said, rolling off her bed.

"I'm not sure what your talking to me for. I can't help you with any of this. Do I look like a police officer or a detective to you?" She asked.

"Well you do watch NCIS a lot so I thought maybe you'd know what I should do." I muttered.

"I'm fifteen! I don't know what the hell Im talking about half the time!" She exclaimed.

"Oh yeah." I breathed.

I walked down the hall. "Hey John?" I whipped around.

Alex was there.
"You're not real." I said.

"Well- Think- I don't-" He said his voice doing the flicker thing again.

"Alex even if you are real I can't understand a word you're saying. But I'm going to try and get justice for you. I know you didn't commit suicide. That isn't you. And if you could, next time you see me cover up the rope markings on your neck please? It's kind of unnerving and makes you a lot scarier then you should be considering your 5"5." I said, muttering that last part.

He scoffed. "I tried- Love- John- Bye." "Bye." I whispered.

Seeing Alex is a blessing and a curse. I walked downstairs.

It was 4:30.
Oh shit!
It's 4:30! I have therapy today!

I sprinted out the door and ran to the building. I went inside, panting heavily.

"John?" Mr. Washington said.

"That's me!" I exclaimed, putting a hand up.

"We have a lot to talk about." He told me.

I followed him into a room.

"So I did get people to look into Alex's case," I saw Alex appear behind Mr.W.

I ignored him.
He furrowed his eyes brows.
Then he was gone.

"You were right. Investigators are saying all signs are pointing to murder. The note was forged, they just need time to figure out who did it."

Then I saw Alex again. My eyes widened when I saw his position.

Hanging from the ceiling.
Holy fuck.
Don't look at him.
Don't look at him.

"Alex go away. You're scaring me." I whispered, tears in my eyes.

Mr.Washington looked at me strange. "Is He here?" Mr.W asked.

"Well...sorta...but he's dead? I mean he's always dead but Erm...he's h-hanging. It's scary. I don't like it." I told him, unable to tear my eyes away from his lifeless body.

Then Alex hopped down from his ropes and disappeared.

I let out a sigh.
"He's gone." I said.

"Tell me a happy story. Something you and Alex did together." Mr.W said.

"Alright. Erm..."

~~

We sat on his bed. He didn't make eye contact with me and fiddled with his hands.

"So...you're gay." I said.

"That's the rumor." He muttered.

"Do you...like anyone?" I asked.

His face tinted pink and he bit his lip. "Yeah." He said softly.

"Is it me?" I whispered, not wanting to make him upset in anyway.

"Yeah." He said even quieter than before.

From the point on we just sat there and hugged, enjoying each other's company like our lives were depending on it.
"I think I like you too Alex."

~~

"You want to wrap up there?"
"Yeah."