Chapter Ten

John Pov
"What was your worst memory with Alex?" Mr.W asked.

"Worst? You mean like sad or something?" I asked.

"No like did you two ever fight?" He elaborated.

"Oh we did fight a few times just naturally, because we're human but there was one fight where we didn't talk for weeks." I replied.

"Do you want to talk about that?" "...Sure."

~~
"Hey Alex? Want to hang out after school?" I asked, riding my bike alongside him.

"No I got...stuff to do later." He replied.

Yeah. Sure.

"Alex that's the second week you've told me that. What's happened?"  I said.

"Nothing! Okay? Just leave me alone fucking god." He snapped.

What the fuck? Alex is like the nicest person I know. Granted, he's also the only person I really know but he doesn't just get angry for no reason.

"Alex?" I asked.

"What do you want?!" He exclaimed.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes! I'm fucking fine! J-just leave me alone." He said, not even looking at me.

"Alex I'm your best friend, I can't just 'leave you alone'." I told him.

"Then try." He growled.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked.

"Stop being such a bitch!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm being a bitch?" I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Fuck you! It's not like you'd know what I'm going through so just drop it." He hissed.

"I don't know what your going through but it's definitely not puberty." I replied in a slight growl.

He stopped his bike. "What?"

"If you're allowed to be bitchy then I'm allowed to be bitchy. It's only fair." I told him.

He scoffed. "You'd never fucking understand. You're just so perfect aren't you?" He asked.

Now I stopped my bike. I turned around.

"Perfect?! You think I'm perfect?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! You go-"

"Alex, I eat lunch with you in the bathrooms! I get called stupid names when people think I'm not listening! Heck, I get called stupid names when people know I'm listening! Just tell me what's wrong!" I shouted.

"You wouldn't understand!" He yelled.
"Try me!"

He bit his lip and shook his head.

"You don't know how good you've got it John. You don't even fucking know." He muttered.

I scoffed. "Don't be a bitch." I told him.

"Fine. Then don't be an asshole. Once you stop being one, then I'll stop being a bitch." He replied, picking up his bike.

"Fucker!" I shouted, as he road away. "Loser!" He shouted.

That one stung.

I just got called a loser by my best fucking friend. Eighth grade is literally the worst time to lose friends because bullies have gotten better at pointing out flaws. I don't know what I did wrong.

~~

"Did you ever find out what was happening to him?" Mr.W asked.

"Yeah. He was getting beat up after school and just didn't want to seem like a pussy by telling me. Those are his words by the way." I told him.

Mr.W nodded and started writing shit down.

"Did they find anything more about his case?" I asked.

"Actually yes. They have two people in questioning and are just waiting for a confession because it could be literally either one." He said.

"Do you know who they are?" I asked.

"No they didn't tell me that. But soon everyone will know because they'll be in jail." He replied.

"Oh. Right Okay." I said, nodding.

"Can I go now?" I asked.

LSure." I left the building and walked home. But then I stopped and started to walk the other way.

To Alex's apartment.

I walked up his steps and knocked on the door. His cousin opened it.

"John, right?" He asked.

Bitch you should know!

"Yeah Erm...I don't really know why I came I guess...I was Alex's boyfriend and uh...could I just go to his room I guess? He's the one who kept all the pictures." I said.

"Bro I don't give a fuck." He said opening the door wider and patting my back.

"...Good to know." I muttered.

I walked to his room and my hand hovered over his door knob. I finally built up enough courage to open the door. You'd think something might jump out and be like raaaar or his murderer would be there or he'd there.

But no.

It was just his room.

He had a pair of worn out vans on his carpet. His bed a mess and his record player playing 'Revolution' quietly on repeat. I chuckled softly. He loved that song so much.

What if that song was the last thing he heard?
Probably not.

But it's weird to think about it.
God I miss him way so much.

Once they get his murderer, I'm going to make a giant ass scene.
Be proud Alex.
Be proud.