Chapter Fourteen

John Pov
I stapled another paper to a pole. We're trying to raise as much awareness as humanely possible.

"So, what-today?" Alex asked leaning on the pole.

"Well what does it look like?" I asked.

He looked at the paper.
"My hair-shitty.—why-picture?" He asked.

"...Alex I didn't understand that whatsoever. Your sentences could be in a different language and I wouldn't see the difference." I told him.

He sighed. "Gotta-people-staring-Love-Bye." He said.

Then he was gone. "Hey John!" James said walking by.

"Oh, are you doing that raise awareness for Alex thing? Peggy told me about it last night. You're gonna tell the school about it at a pep rally on Monday right?" He asked, looking at the paper.

"Yup. Peggy is really excited. Mainly because I told her that she's in charge of the balloons." I said.

"Sounds like Peggy." He muttered. "Yeah." I said.

Alex appeared behind James and flipped him off. He tried to smack him in the back of the head but his hand went through him and he fell to the floor.

I almost laughed.
Almost.
He made this face that resembled grumpy cat and then disappeared.

"Did you and Alex...get along?" I asked.

"Well...I'm friends with Thomas so I do-"

"Yeah Imma Stop you right there. He didn't like you. Especially if you had anything to do with Thomas." I said. James sighed.

"Yeah. I don't agree with anything Thomas ever did to Alex. Especially in middle school. But just before he died Alex and Thomas did start getting along. Which I was surprised about." He told me.

"Oh. I didn't know. He never told me." I said softly, racking my brain for anytime he said anything about Thomas.

Just lots of curses came to mind.

"Well. It was nice seeing you John." James said patting my back.

"You too." I replied.

I finished stapling a few more things and then I walked to tHeRaPy. I kicked a few rocks as I walked down the sidewalk.

Therapist.
The rapist.
That's funny.
God I'm such a twelve year old.
(Embrace it.)
....No.
(Aw fuck yo-)
There are children present.
(SCREEEEEEEEE-)
Shh.

-Time skip-

"So you're easing awareness?" Mr. W asked.

"Well that's the goal." I told him.
He nodded.

"Will you be there?" I asked.

"If you want me to-"
"YES."

He chuckled softly.

"You told me once, Alex was in speech and debate?" He asked.

"...yeah?"

"Tell me a story about that."
"Okay. I'm not sure if this counts but okay."

~~
Alex had been gone for a week. He was at Harvard doing a thing for Speech and Debate Nationals.
He was coming back today.
I waited in the airport.

He came running out of the bag area and tackled me in a hug. He kissed me whispered, "I missed you so much."

"Likewise." I told him.

He smiled, and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. God he's so cute sometimes.

"I won third place." He told me.

"That's awesome! You're just a junior!" I exclaimed.

"I know!" He said, practically squeaking.

"Wanna see the trophy?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

He pulled a giant ass trophy out of his bag.

"Holy shit." I muttered.

"You should've seen the first place one. Before I was about to do my debate, I  walked up and I was like 'I got this, I'm good, I'm confident' and then I looked at the judges, and the crowd and I shit myself a little." He said.

I snickered. "I was fucking mortified. I can only imagine what my face looked like." He said. I laughed at him, as he grimaced.

"But still I thought it was pretty good." He told me.

"Pretty good? More like amazing." I told him.

He smiled.
I love making him smile.

He got up on his tippy toes and kissed me again. I knew people were giving us dirty looks but I didn't care.
I love Alex too much to care.

~~

"That was a good story, no?" I asked.

"It was nice." Mr.W said, writing some stuff down.
"Can I leave?"
"If that's what you want."