Chapter Nineteen

John Pov
Do you ever feel like your whole life has been building up to one moment and that one moment is just around the corner?
No?
Just me?
Alright sorry.

I sat in Mr.Washingtons office.
"The big memorial is tomorrow." He said.

"Yeah. I found a bunch of stuff to play at it." I said.

"Like what?" He asked.

"This video camera of all the stupid crap Alex and I did when we were younger. And a few mixtapes Alex had put together. And there was a few stale cigarettes in the box I found...I dunno why the fuck he'd want to give me that.." I muttered.

Alex appeared next to me and flipped me off.

"Bye bye bittttchhhh...." He whispered, disappeared.

What the fuck??

"Tell me the stupidest story you have of Alex." Mr.W said.
"Oh shit. I don't know which to choose..." I replied.

~~
Picture it.
Eighth grade, stupid school dance.

Since Alex and I most definitely didn't have dates so we just decided to go with each other as friends.

I walked to his house and knocked on the door. Alex came out with some kinda fancy clothes and his backpack.

"Why are you bringing your backpack?" I asked.

"You'll see." He said.
"Alex I don't like the sound of that." I muttered.

He rolled his eyes and walked out of his house.

"But really, why do you have the backpack?" I asked again.
"Just be patient, you'll see." He replied.

"Alex are you going to blow something up?" I asked.

He grinned.
He looked over at me and he just had that look in his eyes.

You know? The look your best friend gives when their about to do something
really,
really
stupid?

Yeah.
He gave me that look.

"Alex I swear to fucking god if you blow up the school." I muttered.

"What? I'd never blow up the whole school...but I think it's time the bathrooms need remodeling." He replied.

"Are you using fuckin sparklers or somethin?" I asked.

"No. I got a lighter and some gasoline. It might just be a fire, but it'll be one hell of a fire."

"Alex you're going to fucking die if you do that." I told him.

"No I won't. I figured out all the ways to do it and not get caught or die." He said, giggling a little bit.

"Why do you have do be so strange?" I asked.

"Why do you have to be so uptight? It'll be fun! Come on, fire doesn't interest you in the slightest?" He asked.

"God, you are such a cliche teenage boy." I muttered.

"Really? Name one other teenage boy at our school who's blown up the bathrooms." He replied.

"Well no one, but you get where I'm coming from." I said. "What if people get hurt Alex?" I asked.

"They won't. I'm not doing it by the cafeteria, or gym or whatever the fuck their doing. I'm doing it on the other side of the school at the teachers bathrooms. Think of it as a...eighth grade prank." He said.

"Okay...but if this turns into some Heathers shit I'm fucking out." I said.

He laughed.
"No! It'll be fun." He replied.
"That's what JD said." I muttered.

Long story short, we blew up the bathrooms, the fire department came, kids were crying and Alex and I were laughing. No one found out it was us.

~~

"...that's a really stupid story." Mr.W said. I grinned.

"Oh trust me, I have more."