Chapter Twenty

John Pov
I went through the video camera.
It was four am but I couldn't sleep. I was very nervous about the big memorial that was going to be happening.

I was only leaving one of the videos out because it was just so dumb and made literally no sense.

It was Alex sitting on the couch, then his cousin came in and asked, "Wanna play catch?" And then Alex said, "Fuck off Peter." And that's how the video ended.

And then there was a bunch of shit we did in sophomore year...a lot of shit including Alex walking around wearing a pride flag.

I remember that.
Everyone that called him off, he yelled to suck his dick...then someone yelled, "sURE!" And Alex looked mortified.

I'm definitely playing that at the memorial. His memorial isn't going to be sad, it's going to be him. Just strange and funny and awesome.

I went to the next video. It was us on Halloween.

Alex was a zombie and I went as Negan. But if zombies were real, I wouldn't last two seconds.

I think we were Freshmen and we got invited to the Schuyler's Halloween party. I always wondered why the fuck the most popular girls in school decided to invite us.

But now I know. Alex must've been dating her at that time. She said it was only for two months though.

But anyway, the video just contained of me following Alex around until he found Eliza and then he left.
Then the video ended.

Wow.
So cool.

I got out of my bed and rested my head in my hands. I looked at my phone. It was five now. I groaned and fell off my bed.

"Wow. So gracefu-" Alex said sitting down on my bean bag.
"Thanks." I muttered.

"I can't believe you dated Eliza Schuyler and never fucking told me." I said, rubbing my head.

"Why wou- I tell- crush I was- Eliza?" He asked.

My eyes widened.
"O-oh." I breathed.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"Is there anything that you don't want me to tell at the memorial today?" I asked him.

He thought for a moment.

"Getti- beat up. Don't- that." He replied.

"What about that one time you won that fight though?" I asked.

He snickered.
"You can-that." He said.
I smirked and nodded.

It was pretty awesome when he won that fight. He didn't even get suspended because there were no eye witnesses (except me and I'm not gonna rat him out) and the principal just didn't believe a word Thomas said anymore so he got away with it.

It was pretty fucking amazing. But Thomas did stay home from school a few days after that. It all happened after school so again, no eye witnesses.

~~
I got kicked in the stomach yet again and cried, "S-stop! Please! I don't know what I did but I'm sorry! I'm so s-sorry!"

I saw Thomas' foot draw back again and I braced myself for impact but nothing came.

I opened my eyes and saw Alex being dragged down the stairs. Alex ripped his shirt from Thomas' grasp and sprinted up the stairs, Thomas on his heels.

Alex got pressed against the wall.
"You have a fucking death wish Hamilshit?" Thomas growled.

"Your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth." Alex retaliated.

Thomas punched Alex in the jaw.
Alex cried out in pain.
Thomas went to do it again but Alex ducked.

I spat out blood and sat up.
Thomas looked slightly taken back. Alex scrambled to get away from him. I saw Alex run inside the building.

I closed my eyes.
I heard a blood curtailing scream.
My eyes flashed back open and I saw Alex getting pushed to the edge of the railing.

Thomas was going to push Alex off the two story fucking building. My breath hitched.

Alex flipped around and kicked Thomas where the sun don't shine and Thomas went straight down.

Alex straddled him and punched him in the jaw repeatedly. I was sure Thomas was unconscious but once Alex started hitting him, he wasn't going to stop.

"ASSHOLE! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" Alex shouted, starting to bitch slap him with the back of his hand.

I snickered softly. Alex stood up and started kicking Thomas.

Holy shit.
I think he's going to kill him.
That's the thing with Alex, he doesn't know when to stop.

I picked myself up, pain shooting through my body. I limped to Alex and said, "Alex. Alex! You're fucking killing him. You're gonna give him broken ribs or some shit."

I touched his arm. Alex wiped his bloody nose and stumbled away from Thomas.

He still had that scary look in his eyes.His knuckles were busted and were bleeding heavily.

He panted softly and then muttered, "This world would be a lot cooler if his dad had just fucking pulled out." I laughed.

"Alex! Gross!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not wrong though. I think Thomas is going to die of constipation soon because he's just so full of shit. I fucking hate him with a passion. Maybe this will open his eyes. I used to be pro life and then I fucking met this piece of shit." Alex growled.

I touched his shoulder.
"Save the burns for when he's awake." I said.

"That's fair." He muttered.
"Come on, let's go wrap your hands up." I said.

He glanced at his fucked up hands. "Well shit."

~~
"It was pretty amazing." I said.

"Remember to-everyone- today." He said with a smirk.
"Of course." I replied.