Chapter Thirteen

John Pov
In the past few days Alex hasn't been on the News at all anymore.
And honestly, it disgusts me.
He was fucking murdered and y'all just gonna forget about it?
I'm going to give them something to remember.

Just watch.

I closed my locker and turned around, watching students hurry to their classes.

Alex used to be one of those students. God I really need to stop thinking like that.
It's fucking toxic.

I felt someone touch my shoulder I flinched and saw Peggy.

"Jeez. You scared me." I muttered, adjusting my backpack strap.

"So. What's shaking?" She asked.

I gave her a strange look.

"My sister says that. Please don't make me compare you to my sister because her memes are trash. And I won't be able to see you the same. But anyway, I'm going to class like...every other student." I told her.

"Or...we could ditch." She said pulling me over to her sisters.

"But I have math..." I muttered, looking over my shoulder.

She pushed my head back to her and her sisters.

"Math can wait." She said.

"It actually can't, I have to lea-"
"John. Live a little."

~~
Alex held a skirt out to me.
"That's not gonna happen." I told him shaking my head.
He sighed.
"John.
Live
a little."
~~

"I'm already dead inside so that ain't gonna happ-"

"John just come with us." Eliza said.

"Y'all are the poster children for why no one should ever procreate." I muttered.

"Is that a yes?"
"Uh...yes?"

Angelica smiled and grabbed my hand.

We walked through the halls and out the door. As we left the building I saw Alex leaning against the wall shaking his head. I tore my eyes away from him.

The girls lead me to their car. "Sweet ride, right?" Angelica asked, patting the car.

Alex appeared next to me and scoffed.
"A Ferrari 288 GTO would be cooler." He muttered.

"I dunno..A Ferrari 288 GTO would be cooler." I said, glancing to Alex. He smirked and nodded.

"Isn't that some 1980's car? God you're such a nerd." Angelica said, getting in the car. Alex scowled.

"-Fuck- -too." He growled, his voice flickering slightly.

Peggy rolled her eyes and I got in next to her.

"And we're off!" Angelica exclaimed.

Alex waved to me as we drove away. I could only look at him because if I waved back I'd look insane.

Soon enough we were at their house, and I was sitting criss cross on the floor.

"Wanna listen to music?" Peggy asked. "Sure." Eliza said, looking at her phone.

"What do you wanna listen to John?" "Revolution. By The Beatles." I replied quickly.

"Do you listen to anything besides The Beatles?" Peggy asked.

"Well we could listen to rap if you wan-"

"NO." The three said in unison.

I smirked. Alex appeared in the room. "Yo." He said sitting down.

He whistled to the music quietly, making unnecessary eye contact with me. I looked away and stared at the carpet.

"You know what would be cool? If we get this big gathering and just talk about Alex. Because if you guys knew about us and Eliza knew about his obsession with The Beatles there's bound to be more people that know him." I said.

Eliza looked up from her phone. "That's a really good idea."

"Holy shit we need to do this." Peggy said.

"At the gathering we could play The Beatles in the background and have a bunch of stuff from the 1980's." Angelica said sitting up.

"Yeah and we could put up signs,-" "And Tell our school,"
"And raise awareness." Eliza finished.

"Woah." All of us said in unison.

Alex started clapping as he disappeared. I'm going to show people who Alex was.

Not the fake Alex everyone has made up.
The real Alex.
I'm going to fucking do this one way or another.