Chapter 1: Interview

Taléia's POV

“Neymar!” I shouted over to him as I waved. Today is the day I’m going to interview him during team training. Not that he really cared about it now that he was on the field with the other guys. I sighed and then winced as I heard the voice beside me. I hadn’t even realized he had approached me from behind.

“It seems like he isn’t interested in getting questioned by you.” Oscar said with a slight smile on his lips. I raised an eyebrow as I looked over to him.

“I won’t ask him anything private, just about football so he doesn’t need to be hesitant or worried about that at all.” Oscar grinned and looked over to Neymar; I continued to look at him.

“Playing and talking about football isn’t always the same.” He said and shrugged. Goddamn he’s way too handsome.

“Taly!” I winced again. I really shouldn’t keep getting lost in my thoughts.

I turned and saw Neymar coming over to us. He stopped right in front of me. “Sorry, I forgot about the interview.” He said while rubbing his neck with one hand.

“I’ll leave you both to get to it then…” Oscar gave me a wink before walking out onto the field - leaving me alone with Neymar.

For a few seconds I watched Oscar, I watched him join the others. “So, where are we going to hold the interview? Somewhere private I hope?” I heard Neymar asking, I looked back at him. He was smiling at me.

“I don’t know, I actually haven’t thought about it.” I blushed slightly. Why didn’t I think of a place to go for the interview? So bad, so bad. God.

“Come on.” Neymar placed himself next to me, looking in the same direction as I was looking only a few minutes ago. “Don’t waste your time longing for Oscar if you can have me.” He said teasingly, I hit his arm lightly.

“I’m not longing for Oscar!” I protested, but I couldn’t prevent the blush. He just laughed.

“Oh, of course not.” Grinning he took my hand. “Let’s go.”

We went inside and Neymar led me to the locker room. I looked at him confused. “You think the locker room is the perfect place for an interview, now? The others cou-..” He interrupted me.

“They’re busy. Practice just started and coach won’t let them leave this soon. So why not here?” I shrugged, unable to think of a reason to not do the interview here. I sat down and Neymar sat on the other side.

“Okay, first. Neymar don’t you dare call me Taly ever again! I already told you that I hate that.” I said, acting like I’d be really mad at him because of that. But for real? I mean, like I could be mad at Neymar Jr. who’s smiling at me innocently.

“But why not? Taly sounds cute and you’re cute.” I rolled my eyes.

“It doesn’t sound cute and I’m not...” Again he interrupted me. He loved doing that, so I guess you could say I was used to his interruptions.

“If you don’t like it then I’ll call you sweetheart.” He winked at me. I closed my eyes briefly.

“We should not waste our time giving me names. I have to do this interview with you Neymar, whether you like it or not.” I said after opening my eyes and looking down at my papers, which I held in one of my hands.

“You didn’t deny it so I take it as an okay that I can call you sweetheart. Perfect.” He said grinning. I smiled.

“You can’t leave that topic can you?” I asked, looking back at him once again.

“Not really... but mostly because I’d rather do the interview with you ...than you with me. Because you know, I want to make sure you’d be good enough for my mate Oscar.” I opened my mouth and starred at him. Not really knowing what to say.

“Are you for real? You know he isn't interested in me that way so...”

“So? Trust me, I could make him open his goddamn eyes and see how amazing you are but okay…Sweetheart, go on with your questions.” He said winking.

And I did. He left the topic of Oscar, and let me ask the questions I had prepared for him.

To be clear, Neymar and I got to be really good friends since I met him. He’s in a relationship, not that you think he’s interested in me in that type of way, or something. Or maybe he is? Sometimes he confuses me, but, that doesn’t stop him from teasing me about Oscar, because unlike Oscar, he had realized that I’ve developed feelings for his teammate.