Chapter 19: 'Old Friend'

Taléia's POV

The next day we left Fortaleza to go back to Teresópolis, to the Trainingscamp we had been before we left for São Paulo. 

I took some time to prepare some things for my project while the guys had their first training after the match against Mexico. Scolari did not really let them rest. But maybe the training would help them to be distracted, and not think all the time about Davi.

After a while I decided to go to the field, I needed a bit distraction because I had ended up thinking about Davi... and Bruna. I stopped right next to Scolari who seemed to be worried to. "They'll find him." I said. "Neymar will be back soon." 

He sighed. "I hope so." He patted on my shoulder and left me. I looked after him and then turned around to look to the field, where the guys were running. I looked over to Oscar and he did look over to me in that moment. He smiled and winked at me. I bit slightly my bottom lip and smiled over to him. 

"Taléia?" I froze, as I heard that to well-known voice. That could not be. I turned around and looked straight into Samuels face. My ex-boyfriend. What the hell was he doing here? "Samuel." I said, no trace of emotion in my voice. "What are you doing here?" This time I could not prevent to sound annoyed. We did not really break up in a 'good' way.

 He grinned at me. "Aw babe. Do you always 'welcome' an old friend like this?" I rolled my eyes. "We're not friends at all Samuel." This time he rolled his eyes. 

"You still are convinced about that what Lucía told you huh? Get over it... I did not do it.." He said and I shook my head. "You might not have done what she said but everything else you did." I replied. He sighed frustrated. "Don't you think you should get over it finally? Or do you still feel something for me?" He wiggled his eyebrows. Now I sighed frustrated. 

"Why can't you just leave me in piece hm?" I asked and walked away a few steps. "Taléia come on!" He said and followed me. He grabbed my shoulder.

"Problems here?" Both of us looked over, as we heard Thiago's voice. He had come over and raised both eyebrows. "We're just talking." Samuel replied and let go of me. "Did not really look like Taléia would be interested in 'talking' with you." Oscar said, who had placed himself next to Thiago. 

Not just Thiago and Oscar had come over. Almost the whole team, and that made me smile slightly. I felt like having found more than just a boyfriend in this team, the rest of it were all almost like brothers for me tho. 

"Why do you care? Shouldn't you guys train or something?" Samuel replied harshly. Except for Thiago and Oscar, all guys crossed their arms in front of their chest. "We should maybe... but we won't let you bother Taléia because of that." Thiago said and shrugged.

Samuel opened his mouth to say something to it but got interrupted. "I think you should leave. You are not allowed to be here." I heard Scolari and looked at him, as he approached. Samuel looked angrily at him but left, without saying anything ,more.

I breathed out relieved. Scolari winked at me and turned around, to go back to his place. The guys went back to their training too, expect for Oscar. He cupped my face and  I looked up to him. He looked at me worried and I pulled a face, which made him chuckle. "Don't do something like that when I'm worried about you." He said and I sighed. "You don't need to be worried." 

He put his forehead on mine and I closed my eyes."Who was he?" He asked. Of course he wanted to know that. I bit my bottom lip and sighed, before I replied. "My ex-boyfriend." 

It took some seconds until Oscar said something to it. "Why is he here?" I shrugged and opended my eyes, to end up looking straight into his. "I don't know and I don't want to know actually." 

He snuggled his nose against mine. It caused me to chuckle. "Oscar." I said smiling. "What?" He replied smiling.  "You're ... impossible." He chuckled. 

"OSCAR! BACK TO THE TRAINING!" Scolari shouted over and I blushed lightly, as the others whistled. Oscar looked at me. Shortly he kissed me. "We talk later okay?" I slightly nodded and he let go of me. 

I went over to the bench and sat down. I watched the guys do their training. I tried not to think of why Samuel was here... I was kind of glad that Lucía was not here at the moment. I had been the one in a relationship with him but through me he had met Lucía and her brother. Samuel was not really the best influence for Lucía's one year younger brother. I shok my head as I thought of that. 'Why the hell was he here...' I sighed and looked over to Oscar. He passed the ball over to David. Just looking at Oscar made me feel better. 'He's perfect.' I thought and sighed.

"Heejaaa hun!" I looked up as Linnea sat down next to me. I frowned. "Why so happy?" I asked confused. "Why not?" She asked in return. I shrugged. She rolled her eyes and looked to the field.

"You guys are all way to tense tho." She said and I rolled my eyes. "What do you expect?" I said. "There is a whole country who wants them to win and now Neymar's son got kidnapped." She sighed frustrated. "You know what would help to clear a bit the head?" She said and stood up. I frowned as she put her phone out. "What are you doing?" I asked confused as she went on the field. I followed her.

"Lin?" I asked confused as she called the guys. I stopped behind her and Oscar looked over to me, and I could see that he was as confused as me. "You guys need some music! Dancing always makes you feel better." Lin said and I looked at her with open mouth. Was she serious?

I guess I was not the only one who was surprised about her action. The last days she kind of had ignored the whole team, and now she wanted to distract them? "Why are you guys starring like that? Any song wishes?" She asked and looked around. "We are one?" Marcelo suggested and Lin looked at him blinking. "You kidding? It's not really helpful getting your minds off the World Cup if we listen to the World Cup song." She replied. She looked at her phone and I shook my head as I heard which song she started to play.

"People, can you feel it. Let the music come and take you on!" The guys looked confused, would've surprised me if they would've known 'Todo El Mundo' by Danny Saucedo. But the looks of the guys did not prevent Linnea from starting to dance and push the guys to do the same. I shook grinning my head as she pushed Oscar over to me. He hugged me and whispered in my ear. "Your best friend is crazy." I laughed and agreed. "Sometimes I do really wonder what she thinks." 

"TODO EL MUNDO SHOULD BE DANCING IN THE STREETS!" Lin sang loudly, and it did not took long that some of they guys joined. After all it was a catchy chorus.

Even if Scolari did not seem happy about that distraction, he did not say anything, as he saw that it actually helped a bit that the guys felt less tense. 

And Lin's appearence helped me to forget about Samuel. I did not think about it anymore why he showed up here.