Chapter 36: Unplanned

A few weeks later

Taléia's POV

Police man and son arrested. Son sentenced to life imprisonment for murder and attempted murder.

I pit the newspaper away and sighed deeply. It was over. Finally.

I tapped lightly with my fingers around on my table. It had taken some time to get Samuel to confess his murder of Ricardo but at the end he did, and was sitting now behind bars. I lifted my hand and touched my neck. I could still feel his hands around me, trying to choke me. If Linnea wouldn't have shown up... it wouldn't have mattered that I got him to confess because at the end me and my witness, would've been dead. I shivered as I though of that.

I shook my head and tried to get rid of those thoughts. It's been already weeks now since I'm back in London, and I had started my internship at a sports magazine. They loved my project about the Brazilian national Team. Just the thought of them, made me feel incredibly sad. I haven't spoken to one of them since I've left Brazil. And I was missing them, all of them, not just Oscar...

Oscar.

I pressed my lips on each other and tried to hold back the tears, while looking on the article in front of me. One of my co-workers had written it and asked me to proofread it. I should mention that she writes the gossip part. Gossip ugh. Did I mention that I hate gossip?

But well, I hadn't tell anyone here that I had a short 'relationship' with one of the players, and that I ended it... so she couldn't know that it'd hurt me reading her article.

"It's just gossip... it doesn't have to be true..." I thought to myself and closed my eyes, to take a break from looking at that picture, which was with the article.

Oscar smiling and his arm around Vittoria.

Ugh. I hated her.

"Taléia?"

I opened my eyes and looked questioning to the door, to see my mentor, Samantha. She was adorable and really tried to help me with anything. "I would need your help today." She said, while she entered.

"For what?" I asked confused. She never asked for any kind of help. That was more my part.

"I need to do two interviews at the same time... "She grimaced."That football club really thinks I can part myself into two pieces but... you're perfect to help me." She said and grinned. "So get ready. I'll wait for you in my car." Before I could protest, or ask about which football club she was talking about, she turned around and left. What the? I sighed and stood up.

At least I could put this article aside for awhile.

Few minutes later I hopped into her car, and she drove off. "Sam, are you going to tell me who we are going to hold an interview with or what?" I asked her, looking at her while her eyes were glued on the street.

"Sure love." She said. "In my bad you find the documents. I've prepared everything. You just have to ask the questions." I slightly nodded and took out the document and gulped as I read the title.

"Chelsea..." I mumbled quietly, but she heard it.

"Yes Chelsea! You like that football club?" She asked, and looked shortly over to me. "Or not? You look so pale suddenly." She said, while concentrating back on the street.

"I just didn't expect it and it's not that I don't like the club it's..."

"There are two players from Brazil right? Who was it...?" She said thoughtful. "Oscar and..."

"And Willian." I ended her sentence and she grinned.

"Well those played for the national team right? That Lucas guy is also Brazilian or? Just that he actually isn't playing for Chelsea but you know..."