Chapter 29: Support

Taléia's POV

How to get a team back on its feet after it has been 'destroyed'? I could see that it wasn't easy for Scolari to find the right words to cheer up the guys... even he was still struggling with the loss against Germany. But the guys had to focus. The World Cup hadn't end for them yet, still a match against Netherlands was in front of them for the third place. 

Lucía sighed deeply next to me. "They look like poor little puppies." She said and I had to agree. Sadness written all over their faces.  "We have to find something to cheer them up." I mumbled and Lucía slightly nodded. 

"The question is just... what could help them to at least feel a bit better?" I shrugged. I had no idea. "I wished I could think of something ... it breaks my heart every time I see Oscar like this." I went with one hand through my hair. "They didn't just lost a game... they got humilated at home... their own fans turned against them..." 

Suddenly Lucía stood up. "I have an idea!" She said and turned around to leave me. "What?" I yelled after her. She looked back. "I just need to check something I'll be right back." I frowned and looked after her. What idea did she have? I asked myself. "Hey." I looked over as I heard Oscar's voice and a smile formed on my lips as he sat down next to me. "Where did Lucia go?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't know... she said she needs to check on something... I guess she wants to call Neymar and doesn't want me to think she's clingy." He chuckled slightly.

"She misses him huh." I nodded.

"How not? They had quite their problems before he got injured... and now? Now he's far away." Oscar looked down. I knew that him, like the rest of the team, were missing Neymar too. I hugged him, which caused him to look back at me. "I'm swe-" He started but I interupted him by putting my lips on his. "I don't care." I mumbled as I pulled slightly away. He smiled at me and put his hand on my cheek. I looked into his eyes and kind of got lost in them. As someone called him, he looked away. "I should go back or Scolari's going to kick my ass." He said and turned back around to look at me. I nodded slightly and he kissed me, before he stood up and went back onto the field. 

I bit my bottom lip while watching him. He wasn't feeling good, like the rest but for me he was trying to smile at least... but I could see the pain about it still in his eyes. It wasn't just a lost game for them. Not after how some of the fans reacted. They had their problems already before the World Cup even started. Some weren't happy about the fact that the World Cup would be held in Brazil. It's expensive hosting a World Cup. The guys must feel like they let the country down... but actually the country let them down. At least a part of it because I was sure... that there have to be people who still love their national team.

"Hey!" Lucía snapped her fingers in front of me. I blinked a few times, I hadn't realize she had come back already. "Lucía." I said, sounding surprised. She rolled her eyes. 
"Did you think I got lost or what?" She asked smiling. "I got my okay for the idea I had but I need your help for it." She leaned in to whisper something in my ear. She wanted to go sure that no one heard it and a big smile formed on my lips. "I like the idea but... do think really it will work out?" I asked, already having my doubts. "I can't say it will definitly work out... first we have to find some people who participate... and we should start soon with looking..." I nodded. We'd leave to Brasília soon. "Then we should start already." I said and stood up. She grinned and stood up to. "Let's go then." 

I felt the gazes of the guys on us as we left. I'd write Oscar a message that me and Lucía had to do something. He'd understand.

Later we were in my room and talking about her idea. It was quite a risk we were taking but if it would work at the end... it'd be worth. A knock at the door made me make a sign that she should keep quiet now. It was for sure Oscar at the door. I went over to open the door and I was right. He slowly walked in, after he kissed me shortly. As he saw Lucía he looked at me. "If I disturb I can come back later?" He said, and raised slightly an eyebrow. 

"You're not disturbing... I just wanted to leave. See you." Lucía said before I could say anything and left. Oscar looked after her frowning. "I hope you had  a good day." He then said towards me and I nodded while putting my arms around his neck. "I had... and I hope Scolari wasn't to strictly." Oscar shrugged. "He's trying his best to focus on the match but it's difficult." I cupped his face and looked into his eyes. He placed his hands on mine. "I love you Taléia." He said and I smiled at him. "I love you too." I replied to his words and pulled him down to me, to kiss him. I slightly pulled away. "How about going to watch a movie? What do you think?" I asked and he nodded. "Why not?" 

We spend a great evening together, and Oscar slept in my room. We cuddled with each other and talked almost all night. About different things. I tried to keep him away thinking about the last match or about Neymar's injury. He fell asleep before me, I could understand it, after all the training was everything else than easy. I slowly stroked over his cheek. I didn't want to wake him up.  "I hope it works." I mumbled before I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes. A bit sleep would help my mind to rest a bit. 

I woke up the next morning one hour before Oscar had to. I tried to not make any noises. He shouldn't wake up. After 20 minutes I left the hotel room, leaving Oscar a note I had went to the trainings area because I needed to make an interview with Scolari for my project. Wasn't that big lie, I still had to do it but I would not do it today.

I meet Lucía at the reception and together we left. She was as nervous about the whole thing as I was. 

A few times later we were waiting for the guys to show up. Scolari was sitting on the bench with a grin on his face. Gladly he had agreed to all this. 

The guys came all together, talking, out onto the field. The surprise was written all over their faces as they saw us together with lots of fans of them. They all were wearing a jersey of the fav. player. We had made sure that all the guys were represented by one of the fans. Some of them were holding a Brazil flag.

Lucía stepped forward to explain our 'invasion.' We wanted to show them that there were still people out here in Brazill who are still supporting their national team. Who would never boo them out. It took some time but they guys started to talk with the fans. You could see smiles everywhere. Pictures were taken and autographs signed.

I was staying a bit aside and was watching the whole scene, while Lucía helped Marcelo and a fan to take a picture. Oscar came over to me, and kissed me shortly before he placed himself next to me. He put an arm around me and I leaned slightly at him. "It's a great idea." He said and was looking at the guys too. They were looking a bit happier now. Support of the fans was way more important as some people actually thought. Football wasn't just guys running after a ball. They all had feelings. 

"We thought it be good to find something that would cheer you guys a bit up." I said and looked up to him. He looked down to me, straight into my eyes. "You both are adorable." He said, and I smiled. "You guys are important to us and we don't like it to see you sad." He cupped my face and leaned slowly down to me. Before he put his lips on mine, he mumbled: "You're perfect."