Chapter 6: Impulsive

Taléia's POV

I pulled away from Neymar and looked at him shocked. “Neymar what the…” But as I was speaking I realized he wasn’t looking at me anymore, I followed his gaze and saw Oscar leaving Vittoria behind, which made me smile. As Neymar turned around to look in another direction, I again followed his gaze and saw James looking down, some guy I didn’t know was saying something to him. James kind of looked like a lost puppy, as he looked up and our eyes met. He bit his bottom lip and looked away. I felt like I’ve done something wrong, but why? Neither of them were my boyfriend. I’m just friends with James and Oscar, even though I’d love to be more with the last one. 

I blinked a few times before looking back at Neymar. “Still convinced neither of them were jealous?” He asked winking. 

“You kissed me to prove that?” He grinned. 

“Yes, and it did work the way I wanted it to.” I looked over to the lounge where Oscar had sat himself down next to David. David was saying something to him while Oscar looked, sad. I opened my mouth slightly but didn’t know what to say. 

“Seems like Rodriguez can’t handle it and is about to leave.” Neymar said while looking over to James. I frowned but looked in the same direction. Okay. We’re just friends, just like I’m just friends with Neymar even if he kissed me. The kiss meant nothing, it was simply to prove me wrong. James said he’d love to be friends with me, he didn’t say anything about being more…I bit my bottom lip.

“Don’t do that.” He put his fingers on my lips and I grimaced.

“It’s a habit Neymar, I can’t just stop doing it.” 

“Of course you can.” I sighed an looked over to Oscar, he was running one of his hands through his hair. I hadn’t imagined this night like this, I felt split. One part of me wanted to go over to Oscar, to tell him that the kiss with Neymar didn’t mean anything…but the other part of me wanted to go after James, to tell him the same thing. I couldn’t just stand in the middle of the dance floor and do nothing, could I?

Neymar cleared his throat. “Sweetheart what are you thinking? I’m not such a bad kisser that you have to be offended now.” I closed my eyes.

“I’m not offended, I’m confused.” He raised his eyebrows. 

“Confused to which one of them you want to talk to?” He asked. Could he read my mind or something?

“I don’t know.” He grimaced. 

“I can’t help you with that Sweetheart. That’s your decision.”

I looked over to Oscar and then to James, whom I saw leaving. I couldn’t let him go without telling him that the kiss meant nothing. Don’t ask me why it was so important for me to make sure that he knows, maybe it was because I had the feeling he was sad because of it. I turned around and left Neymar. I could feel his gaze on me, but I couldn’t see the way he looked after me completely disappointed. 

“James! Wait please!” He stopped as he heard his name. He was almost out of the club but came back a inside a few steps when he realized that I was following him. 

“Taléia, what are you doing here?” He asked and frowned. 

“I…” As he looked at me questioningly I felt like I made a mistake. Maybe he didn’t really care about the fact that Neymar kissed me. 

James took the last few steps needed to reach me and came to a stop in front of me. I didn’t realize that I had been looking down at the floor, first James but his hand under my chin and then he lifted my head up. I found myself looking straight into his eyes, a slight smile was on his lips.