Chapter 4: Media

Taléia's POV

I was sitting next to David on the Tribune, I had just finished the interview with him. He looked at me smiling. 

"It's interesting, what questions you asked me. I had asked Thiago and Neymar to tell me what you asked them so I could prepare myself, but I guess you don't ask us all the same question do you?" I grinned.

"Exactly, just because I know that you guys talk to each other and I don't want to have the same replies at the end." I looked down at my papers and wrote something down. 

"We're finished?" He asked somewhat hopefully. I looked up to see him looking over to the guys. I smiled again. 

"Yes we're done." I replied and he stood up. 

"See you later then." He winked and went downstairs. As I looked after him I met two brown eye. I smiled at him but he looked away, which caused me to frown. He always smiles back, what was up with Oscar? 

As my phone rang I looked away from Oscar and down to my phone, a smile spread across my lips as I read James' name on the display. We had exchanged numbers last night and he wrote me whenever he had time. Of course, I texted him back.

"Sweetheart!" Neymar's voice brought my attention and eyes away from my phone. He waved up to me. "Come down here!" I frowned but stood up to do what he asked. Just as I arrived at him I saw that Thiago, who was standing next to him, was holding a newspaper. 

"What are you guys reading? Someone wrote about you or what?" I asked curious. Both men looked at me grinning. 

"Not about us no." Thiago held up the paper and I looked at it with an open mouth.  I tried to take it but Neymar was faster than me. 

"Na na..." He grinned. "Let's see what it says." He cleared his throat. "James Rodriguez has been seen with a beautiful unknown woman. Maybe his girlfriend? We don't know but we'll find out for you guys! Whatever is going on at least it looks like they're close." 

"Uh, does our girl have a boyfriend?" Marcelo said and wiggled his eyebrows as I looked at him. I hadn't realized the others had approached, even Oscar.

"He isn't my boyfriend, we just talked." I blushed. 

"Of course. Just talked." Neymar said, teasingly. I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted before I could get anything out. Scolari had approached us.

"At least that newspaper keeps it classy." He handed me another newspaper. "This one, yeah not really." I looked down and was shocked by what I saw. "Taléia, you know I'm happy to have you around, but things like this could provoke the Brazilian football club to blow your project off." Scolari said. "I don't know how good you and him know each other, but during the Wold Cup it's better for you to keep your distance from him." He turned around and I was left looking after him. Neymar used that opportunity and snatched the newspaper out of my hands.

"Rising Colombian football star has been seen with the same girl that has been seen around the Brazilian national team. Is she betraying her own people?" All of them starred at it with open mouths. I took a deep breath and looked over at Oscar, he was looking at me sadly.

"If someone should know about how to handle bad media it's you, being an upcoming journalist and all." Thiago said looking at me. I looked away from Oscar, I couldn't handle seeing him looking at me like that. 

"Don't worry sweetheart, none of us think you'd betray us." Neymar said, I hadn't even realized that tears had come to my eyes. I blinked a few times and didn't really know what to say.

"Group hug!" I heard Marcelo scream and suddenly I found myself being hugged by all the guys. They started to let go after a few seconds and at the end I found myself pressed against Neymar. He breathed a kiss on my forehead.