Chapter 9: Drama?

Taléia's POV

After I left the locker room I went to find Lin. When I found her she was talking to some guys, I don’t even know whether or not she knew them. As they saw me coming over they left. I frowned but I didn’t ask Lin about it. I would talk about it with her later. Right now I just wanted to go back to the hotel, I needed to write some things down and wanted to go through the pictures before the guys pick us up from the hotel to go celebrate. Haters would probably be saying that we shouldn’t be celebrating winning the first match, but I don’t think any of us cared. After all the work the guys had put in they deserved to celebrate it at least a little bit. 

We left the stadium and I told Lin about tonight, I didn’t want to force her to come with me but she said she’d love to. When we got back to the hotel I went straight to my room after telling Lin what time to be ready, I also reminded her to set her alarm if she planned on sleeping for a bit. 

Once inside my room I took my notebook from the bedside table and grabbed a pen. I wrote a few things down before pulling my camera out of my bag. A smile formed on my lips as I went through the pictures. The guys were smiling in all of the pictures. I put the camera away and looked at the clock. I still had enough time to get ready, I stood up and headed into the bathroom. I wanted to take a shower.

Just as I was putting on my shoes someone knocked at the door. “One moment!” I yelled and stood up after I had them on. I went to the door and found a smiling Neymar in front of it. 

“Ready Sweetheart?” I nodded. 

“I just need to get my bag then we can go.” I said. “Could you check if Lin is ready too?” 

“Sure.“ I went back into my room to get my bag, while Neymar knocked on Lin’s door. I went out of my room and closed the door. I looked over to see Neymar and Lin talking. She looked stunning in her blue dress. I had gone with black tonight. 

We went downstair to leave through the front entrance. A limousine sat on the street in front of the doors. The others were all inside, their wives and girlfriends with them. I went over to Oscar, there was a free place next to him. 

“Hey.” I said smiling as I sat down. We hugged each other quickly. 

“Hey beautiful.” He breathed a kiss on my cheek and smiled at me. We talked the whole ride. Some of the guys made jokes and we all laughed. It was a great start to the night. 

As the limousine stopped we all climbed out. We stood in front of a restaurant, I smiled. I should’ve known that the guys wouldn’t be able to dance all night after playing a game. We went inside and were lead to a table. Scolari and some of the players who hadn’t been in the limo were already sitting there. Scolari called Oscar over to him so he left my side. I looked around and saw that Lin had sat down next to Marcelo. They were talking about something.

“Sweetheart?” I turned around as Neymar put his hand on my back. I smiled at him and looked at the woman standing next to him. Bruna. I knew her, how could I not? “I want to introduce you to Bruna. Bruna - Taléia. Taléia - Bruna.” I smiled at her, she smiled back but it looked fake. What was her problem?

“Nice to meet you.” I said. 

“The pleasure is all mine.” She said, then she cupped Neymar’s face and kissed him. I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes. I turned around, she didn’t need to show me that Neymar was hers. I wasn’t interested in him in that way. I smiled as I saw that Oscar was looking at me. He called me over to him and, without saying anything to Neymar or Bruna, I went over.

All night long I had fun talking to Oscar. Thiago was sitting on my other side, in front of us were Fred, Scolari, and Hulk. I felt great sitting will all of them, being able to talk to them in such a peaceful and great atmosphere was amazing. You could really feel that they were incredibly happy about the fact that they won their first match in this World Cup.

The only thing that was bothering me throughout the dinner were the looks Bruna was giving me all the time. What was she thinking? She probably had a problem with the fact that Neymar calls me ‘Sweetheart’. She shouldn’t be jealous because of that, she should however be jealous that Neymar kissed me a few days ago. I don’t think Neymar has told her about the kiss, I’m certainly not going to.

I tried to ignore Bruna and focus on Oscar, with him sitting next to me it wasn’t a difficult thing to do. “I want to show you something.” Oscar said. I looked at him surprised. 

“What?” I asked as he stood up. 

“Come with me.” He held his hand out and I grabbed it, he helped me up from my seat. We had eaten dinner and were now just spending time together and enjoying ourselves. Some of the guys were already about to leave. It was an exhausting first match for everybody. 

Together, Oscar and I went to the back of the restaurant. We walked past some people who stared at us but didn’t say anything. They probably weren’t sure if the guy who was holding my hand was really Oscar. We arrived at the end, the glass doors were open. Outside there were some tables, people were sitting there, eating and drinking. Not too far away from there, the restaurant had built a dance floor. People were dancing in the light from torches. It looked really beautiful. 

Oscar turned around to look at me, there was a smile on his lips. “Do you want to dance with me?” He asked, I nodded. Together we went over to the dance floor. It was there that I got my first dance with Oscar.

It was a slow song, we danced along slowly to the music. I had put my head on his chest, one hand was in his while the other was on his shoulder. 

“I have to admit, I was surprised earlier today.” He mumbled into my ear, I blushed. He didn’t need to say what he was meaning, I already knew he was talking about the kiss. 

“I couldn’t resist any longer.” I said honestly and he chuckled. “Oscar…” He put one hand under my chin and lifted my face up. 

“I didn’t say anything love.” 

“You know I like you. A lot. And..” 

“And you know I like you too, so there’s nothing to worry about. I just wanted to say that I was surprised because I didn’t expect it, not that I have a problem with it…even if I had imagined our first kiss different.” I bit my bottom lip slightly while listening to him. I looked up into his eyes. 

“How did you imagine our first kiss then?” The question came out of my mouth before I could really think of what I was actually saying. He smiled as I blushed again. I was sure that I was now red like a tomato, but I couldn’t look away, his hand was still under my chin. 

“More like this.” He said and leaned down to me. I closed my eyes as soon as our lips met. This kiss was way more passionate, and way longer than our actual first kiss. 

We released each other when we needed air to breathe. Oscar stayed close though, he had put his forehead on mine. I still had my eyes closed and we were moving slowly to the music. 

“Oscar! Taléia!” We both looked in the direction of the voice that called us. We saw a winking David. We looked at each other and frowned. 

“Guys! Come on!” We heard him calling. 

“I think we should check what he wants.” Oscar said and I nodded. He took a step back and grabbed my hand. Together, holding hands, we went over to David. 

“What’s up David?” I asked. Worry was written all over is face. “

“If I knew…” He turned around and we followed him back inside. 

“David?” Oscar asked again. “Did something happen?” David stopped and turned around to look at us. 

“Neymar and Bruna seemed to have a dispute but we don’t know what about. We didn’t even realize they were arguing about something until Neymar ran out.” I stared at David with an open mouth. 

“What do you mean Neymar ‘ran out’?” Oscar asked confused, I was just about to ask David the same question. David sighed. 

“He left. He left and we have no idea where he went.”