Chapter 15: First step?

Taléia's POV

Few days had passed since the dinner and today the guys had a day off. Tomorrow we'd fly to Fortaleza, where the team had to play against Mexico. You could feel that they were all nervous about that match. Of course we had seen Mexicos first match, their goalie seemed to be incredibly good. And the pressure to win that match was high. I could feel that the fans really wanted that the Seleção wins this World Cup. I guess they did not even realize how much pressure they were putting on the shoulders of the players.

For today I had planned to go sightseeing with Lucía but I called her, after I talked to Scolari. I really needed to finish those interviews, and I had done almost all. Except for Oscar... so I decided I should ask him if he has time for me today. He had.

So I was sitting in the cafeteria in the sport centre, and was waiting for him. Nervous as I was I chewed on my bottom lip. I had not really talk to him since the day he told me he could not be with me... I looked at my phone as I got a message. From Lucía:

Alright babe. Get the boy gurl! I'll spend some time with Mr. Santos Jr. and his adorable son. Daw. Have you met Davi? Such a cutie pie!

I smiled as I read those words, seems like Neymar and Lucía were getting to understand each other well. "Hey!" I looked up as I heard Oscar's voice. He slightly smiled at me, I could see that he was nervous too. I smiled slightly back as he sat down. "Hey Oscar." 

I did not want him to feel uncomfortable... or make myself feeling worse about this situation... not that I was over him... dear god just when I looked at him I had the feeling that my heart is about to jump out of my chest but... It would not help me feeling better by making him feel bad... and I have to admit I could understand his decision even if it hurts. 

I went straight to the questions I had for him. I did not want to take to much time away from his day off. He probably had planned something like all the guys. 

"One last question." I said, while writing down some notes. "It's a bit more private this time... but I asked all the same at the end..." I looked at him, not sure if I should really ask him.

"Go ahead." He said.

"Okay... so if you could change something in your life... what would that be?" I asked, looking down, preparing myself to write down his answer. I bit slightly my bottom lip, as he took his time to answer. I asked myself what thoughts went through his head.

"If I could change something... " He started, and I looked up as I realized that whatever he is going to say, it still effects him. 

"... then the day my father died." He finished his sentence and lowered his gaze. I knew that it still effects him, but who would get easy away about the fact loosing the father in such a young age? That's why I actually should've known that he'd reply that, but I could not just not ask him this question. I had asked all guys this one question too. 

I could not resist and put my hand on his, which was lying on the table. He looked at me and took my hand in his. For a while we just looked into each others eyes. "Oscar?!" I blinked a few times as I heard someone calling him and looked in the direction. Oscar looked over to. I grimaced as I saw Vittoria standing in the door, waving over to him. She shortly looked at me and smiled, but I could see that she was everything else then happy seeing me close to Oscar. "I should go." Oscar said and let go of my hand. I looked at him and gulped. "I'll see you tomorrow." He turned around and made himself on the way to Vittoria. 

Ugh.

'Get the boy gurl.' It was like I could hear Lucía say that to me. I stood up. "Oscar!" He stopped and turned around, looking questioning at me. "Oscar, let's go!" Vittoria called after him. He shortly looked over  to her. While he told her, she should wait, I brought the distance between us behind me. I decided to not care about her... I knew I took a risk... and I probably should bring him to do that goddamn first step but he was bringing distance between us... I did not want to loose him to Vittoria. Just as he turned around to look back at me, I arrived at him and put myself on my toes. He was taller than me, and I wasn't wearing heels. I pressed my lips on his. It took seconds for him to react. He put both of his arms around me and I put my arms around his neck. I did not care that Vittoria was watching us... all that mattered was that he kissed me back. Feeling his warm lips on mine, made me feel incredibly weak. 

I released myself from him lighlty, to take a deep breath. I looked into his eyes, before I let go of him and went some steps back. He watched me. I bit my bottom lip and waited what he would do...

He turned around. "Vittoria? I guess I'll show you another day Sao Paolo!" He did not wait to see her reaction to his words but already turned around to look back at me. He came the steps over to me and pulled me close again, to put his lips on mine, and suppressed my laughter about Vittoria's 'outburst'. She stomped on and ran out.

He released himself lighlty from me and looked around. Some of the few people who were here, starred at us... some of the looks made us chuckle. "Maybe we should go somewhere else?" He said and I just nodded. Together we left the sport centre.

Oscar's POV

I was nervous about the fact that she'd interview me today. I could not get rid of that imagine, she and that random guy. But I could not wait to see her.

As I sat infront of her, I had problems to think clearly. At least I hoped that I replied good to the questions... but as she asked me, what I'd change in my life... I could just think of something. The day my father died. I had told her how I feel about it. It wasn't a secret tho.

She put her hand on mine and I looked at her. Our eyes met. I was not really able to say something, what could I say? But if she'd keep looking at me like that... I was sure I could not longer hold back... but we got 'distracted'. I turned around to see Vittoria waving. I sighed and told Taléia I had to leave, even if I did not want to... but I had promised Vittoira to show her around...

I walked a few steps away from her, as Taléia called me back. I turned around, looking questioning at her. Vittoria called me too, and shortly I looked over at her. I told her, that she should wait a bit. Just as I turned around to look back at Taléia, she had arrived and put her lips on mine. The kiss felt incredibly. I could not push her away, I pulled her closer, so that I could put my arms around her. After a while she released herself from me and went few steps back. Looking at me while biting her bottom lip. She was driving me crazy. 

I turned around. Vittoria was still here.  "Vittoria? I guess I'll show you another day Sao Paolo!" I turned right away back to Taléia. I did not really care how Vittoria reacted to my words, but I guess she did something funny cause Taléia laughed. I pulled her close to me again and kissed her. 

It was not like we were kissing for the first time today, but it was different... and while I kissed her, I forgot about the fact that I had told her... that I could not be with her. Right now I just wanted to be with her. Everything else did not matter.

We both realized that it probably was not the best place making out, so we decided to leave.