9.

Kellin's POV

I sighed and leaned against Vic. "Do we have to be in class right now?" I asked quietly.

"Sadly we do," he said. "Now shut up, I'm trying to take notes and be a good kid."

I rolled my eyes. This was the only class I had with Vic and a few days before, I had freaked him out by deciding to move from my back corner seat to sit next to him. Much to my annoyance, he and I really had become best friends like he had said we would. And now I found myself starting to fall for him which was, without a doubt, a terrible idea. I mean we were friends and that's where my feelings should be stopping for him. I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Ever since I had kissed him that night in my room, I was just confused. I didn't know where we stood but I didn't want to mess anything up. I couldn't help but start caring for him, though. Vic was sweet and understanding. He was easy to talk to and he supported me. That was a lot more than my parents ever did for me. Maybe I was just falling for the idea of him or like the comfort that he brought me.

Which was also stupid. I bit my lip and glanced at him. Vic was studiously taking notes and was concentrating. It was cute, I had always thought he was just another dumb jock but he really did work hard in school and much to my surprise. He had all A's. Being with me would probably just mess things up for him too and I didn't want to do that to him. Vic was going somewhere in life and more likely than not, I wasn't.

"So, I was thinking after school we could go do something like, maybe go eat," I told him once class ended and he sighed.

"As much as I would love to, and really, K, I would. I can't. I have stuff I have to do for Oliver tonight."

"How often do you have to do stuff for him? Do you ever get a break?"

He shook his head. "No, I need money for school so I'm working my ass off to get it."

"Well can we hang out eventually?"

Vic smiled. "Of course we can," he said. "Tomorrow we will. If you want, it'll be pretty late but I could come over tonight when I get done."

"I think we should try hanging out at relatively normal times.'

"Then tomorrow after school," he told me.

I smiled, "I can't wait."

"Good," he said and led me to the cafeteria when he suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?"

"You said you wanted to go eat," he said, staring at me wide eyed.

"No I didn't, you just randomly stopped walking.'

"Yeah, you did. Earlier when you asked to do something, you said like go out to eat," he said. "K! You want to eat!"

I snorted. "Don't make such a big deal about it."

"You're going to eat lunch today, you don't get a choice."

"You can't force me."

Vic gave me a sly smile. "Wanna bet?"

"You can't."

Vic took my hand and let out a sigh. "You say that now, but just wait," he told me as we started walking to the cafeteria.

I rolled my eyes. He couldn't force me to eat. Vic didn't say anything else but dragged me straight to the lunch line and I crinkled my nose.

"I'm not eating."

"When was the last time you ate?" He asked me.

"Uh, I ate an apple yesterday."

"And you need to eat now."